Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike Shows DVD Request... (Read 1 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Bike Shows DVD Request...
09/14/05 at 03:28:19

8)Hi fellow Savage lovers! Well, Autumn is starting to entrench itself here in Newfoundland ... they shut-off summer last week and decided to bring in cooler weather ... so our Ridin' days for this season are rapidly growing short ...
By January, my Ridin' pals and I will be goin' "stir-crazy", so this year I've decided to throw a "Bike Show Beer Bash" on a snowy Sat. afternoon sometime this winter ... where we'll watch Bike Shows, talk Bikes and guzzle suds.
Am hoping that a kind Savager here at the Forum with a DVD burner/recorder might be able to do me a favour ... am looking to get a couple of DVD's worth of a variety of Bike Shows sans commercials ... American Chopper, Biker Build-Off, Build or Bust, Southern Chopper, Corbin's Ride On, Motorcycle Mania and American Thunder ... also any you all might have available of Strurgis, Daytona et al. Will cover the the cost of any postage and blank DVD's.
Waddaya say ... anyone want to help a soon to be snow bound Biker out?
Thanks!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Richard Amirault

Re: Bike Shows DVD Request...
Reply #1 - 09/14/05 at 09:13:04

Would VCD's work for you?

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 09/14/05 at 12:25:13

Hi Richard ... I dunno? All I have is a conventional Wal-Mart issue DVD player ...
BTW what is a VCD??

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 09/14/05 at 13:38:33

It's a Video CD instead of a DVD and is a different format.  However, a lot of DVD players will support it.  Just check your player's documentation.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 09/15/05 at 03:41:25

Checked and my DVD player must be a cheapie, 'cause it can't handle VCD's ....

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 09/17/05 at 07:40:51

Let me think on it a bit  8)

IP Logged
Richard Amirault

Reply #6 - 09/18/05 at 06:05:54

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Checked and my DVD player must be a cheapie, 'cause it can't handle VCD's ....

I would be *very* surprised if it could NOT play VCD's ... I would think (pickiing a random number out the air) that 95% of all the DVD players sold in the last (picking another number) two years can play VCD's

That even applies to the "cheapie" players from Wal-Mart. In fact they are more likely to play VCD's than an expensive "name brand" player that is 5 years old.

But the only way to be sure is to try one and see.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #7 - 09/18/05 at 07:16:48

I had a Panasonic DVD player that would play SOME of the "JPG" or "JPEG" files and not others.  Never could figure out why.  Is that the same thing?

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/18/05 at 08:11:28

most dvd players nowadays are dvd + format which supports vcd's.  Older dvd players are dvd - format which usually doesnt support vcd's

If u want u can snail mail me the vcds and i can make a dvd.  I got a super badass computer with a dvd burner.
I built it myself with a pentium 4 3.4 processor, with 1 gig 4400 mhz ram ,250 gig hard drive, sony 16x dvd burner, 256 mb pci express ati all in wonder video card that lets me record tv, radio,  and all kinds stuff.  It turned my computer into a free tivo and I got it hooked up to a 54 in tv and 7.1 surround sound via fiberoptic cable.  It even downloads my preview guide so I can schedule to record tv when Im not here.  Sweeet

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 09/18/05 at 08:11:50

Yeah Greg ... our DVD player behaves the same way ... plays some jpeg picture CD's & not others ... seems random ... but it does play most all DVD's including those home-burnt ones (wife has a bunch of old 70's era Glam Band videos on a home-burnt DVD she got on e-bay and it's fine with that ...)

Whoaa Jim! That's a bada$$ set-up ya got there ... I'll take you up on your kind offer ... let me look into picking up a couple of VCD's over the next week or so and I'll PM ya ... Thanks!!

BTW, did anyone see that "Indian Larry Tribute" Build-off last nite ... awesome show ... and a sweet Bike!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 13:22:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike Shows DVD Request...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.