Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Of Choppers and Bobbers ... (Read 9 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Of Choppers and Bobbers ...
09/10/05 at 07:02:44

8)Well, a couple of years ago when I decided to give motorcycling a try, I was completely ignorant of the whole scene, the types of Bikes, the variety of gear and that for some motorcycles are a lifestyle and for others still an artform.
Entering the "Brotherhood of Motorcyclists" opened up a whole fascinating, shiny new world for me! The variety of Bikes and the types of people who Ride 'em is endless ... I learned about Customs and Choppers ... Metrics and Harleys ... at first I was drawn to the visual appeal of the chrome-laden trophys depicted on TV shows such as American Chopper and Biker Build-off, etc. ... gradually though, my appreciation of other types of Bikes broadened ... The Brit-styled Kawi W650 and the Isle of Man influenced Honda GB500 ... but it is the classic "Bobber" style that captures my imagination most of all ... the "underdog" minimalist approach suits my view of life and living. The Savage as it is from the factory pays partial homage to this philosophy ... yet some owners (i.e. sluggo) have taken this several steps further and have stripped their Bikes into beautiful custom Bobbers. WD's is yet another that has been morphed ito a wild Chopper/Bobber/Rat hybrid.
For 2006, The Motor Company has produced a Bike that to me celebrates the Bobber form in a factory Bike, flat-black paint job and all ... and is arguably one of the best lookin' Bikes to ever roll off a showroom floor ... the new Dyna "Street Bob"!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Of Choppers and Bobbers ...
Reply #1 - 09/10/05 at 19:05:15

i would buy that machine and bob it toot sweet.  Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 09/10/05 at 22:42:17

Neds high bars (at least 16 inch apehangers), fishtail pipes, and a chrome delete... Roll Eyes

Oh, if you can't tell from the pictures, it is a base model FXD (Dyna), with Superglide rear fender, 883H front fender, and XL1200 forks... cute HD? Maybe.

Looks A LOT like my 1999 Vulcan 800A. Nice try Harley, but Kawi beat you buy a decade, at least.
-WD

And the Savage will still flat out spank the FX series Harleys.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 09/11/05 at 03:05:19

WD ... I agree that Kawi's 800A is one sweet Bike to be sure (we need some pics there guy!) ... and a belt drive conversion kit from scootworks.com would make it even sweeter!
There's no way either my busted lumbar or busted wallet could afford a H.D. ... but if I could, then that FXD Street Bob would be on the top of the list ... it "fits" my idea of what a clean, cool motorcycle should look like!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 09/11/05 at 03:55:12

I'm not allowed to play with the digi-cam anymore... :'(  Just kidding.  Grin

I've been too busy riding to stop for pictures. I'll see if I can't take one or two later this afternoon for you. Maybe I'l ride up to Crystal Mountain Ski Area, where it is already snowing, significantly apparently. I live at about 375 feet above sea level. Lots of rain, rarely snow. If I fix the XT, it won't snow. If the XT stays down for the winter, it will snow like crazy. Last real snowstorm I remember here was 1979, 120 FEET at 5500 foot elevation.

I'll try to snap a pic of all 4 bikes posing together for you Perry.

Off to bed, it's almost 4 AM Seattle time.
-WD

Oh, and for what it's worth, the Scootworks kit has a 70% failure rate... A Regina o-ring chain, 18 tooth front sprocket, and 40 tooth rear sprocket should go 50K miles... Have seen Tsubaki o-ring chains go over 200K miles on Shovelheads.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 15:19:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Of Choppers and Bobbers ...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.