Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Riding Clubs
08/27/05 at 10:52:05

A few years ago, we attempted to start a Savage Riders Club.  At the time, I was the "owner" of a popular rival Savage forum which seemed like a good platform to launch such an enterprise.  It took a huge amount of time and expense on our part and after a couple years we grew to a card carrying membership of 30+.  Not very impressive sounding, but it was a daunting task that eventually failed for a variety of reasons....a reason too, that my Savage spouse refuses to get involved in this forum.  However in the end, we just bid farewell to the whole thing and here I am Smiley

BUT during the years I've also known of another group that our friend Max recently reminded me of...The Four Stroke Singles National Owners Club or FSSNOC or "FissNockers" (I think)....you can find them at this site.

FSSNOC

The point of this topic is to see if others are members of this group or any other riding group.  The keyword here is "riding", of course, which isn't to be confused with an online forum.  The FSSNOC group is all about riding single cylinders and they seem to really have grown quite well in the past few years....(lots of Kawasakis in there and they have international memberships, Clive)

Personally, I am mailing our membership applications today.  Anyone else wanna get into this club?  Check it out.

PS - I stole my new little signature logo from their site  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: Riding Clubs
Reply #1 - 08/27/05 at 21:27:13

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
The point of this topic is to see if others are members of this group or any other riding group.  The keyword here is "riding", of course, which isn't to be confused with an online forum.

I also hang out on a Honda Shadow forum (I ride one too) and it is very much a riding group. I think I've been on 3 rides with forum members from my area this summer. We had a three day ralley in Roanoke, Va (great roads !) just a few weeks ago. I rode 700 miles total during the weekend Grin

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #2 - 08/28/05 at 05:15:35

I'll be sending out my FSSNOC application today. There's another Savage website that I look at occasionally, http://idzyn.com/savage/  & I don't know if anyone here has seen it. Not nearly as good as this one though. Sort of one continous thread that's hard to follow.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 08/28/05 at 06:50:11

babbalou wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I'll be sending out my FSSNOC application today. There's another Savage website that I look at occasionally, http://idzyn.com/savage/  & I don't know if anyone here has seen it. Not nearly as good as this one though. Sort of one continous thread that's hard to follow.

Yep.  Ours were mailed yesterday.  Not too bad a deal considering the newsletter and free T-shirt.

I am quite familiar with the site.  He stole the idea of a riders club from us.  Until then it was only another forum, but it looks like his site hasn't changed much in a while, anyway.  Still under construction after a few years.  Here is a photo of when my spouse and I went to Roanoke to meet Mr. Alexander and discuss our riding club.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 05:18:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riding Clubs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.