Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
savage, amal carb, throttle cable? (Read 6 times)
jester
YaBB Newbies

s
savage, amal carb, throttle cable?
08/25/05 at 17:12:09

hey all

so i got one of those amal carb kits from lancer, and it came with a different throttle cable doesnt fit or work with my savage. does anyone know of a throttle cable that works with this carb and the savage?

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Re: savage, amal carb, throttle cable?
Reply #1 - 08/25/05 at 20:25:05

hey buddy. We discussed this alot in the forum. Here goes:

1. the 95 savages and older use a different throttle cable. The 96 and newer use the throttle cable you received. you could by the switch for a 96 or newer and it will work but requires alot of modification. I can easily help you with that if your up to it.

2. You can use the cable you got with your older model savage however the cable will sit loosely in the switch box. It will not affect performance but looks funny.

3. The cable part that sits on top of the carb has an akward fit but just make it fit you will be allright it doesn't affect performance.

so to make a long story short yes it does work fine. but cosmetically wont look right. but you will still get performance and everything else. let me know if i can help.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 08/25/05 at 21:40:45

mikedasavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
2. You can use the cable you got with your older model savage however the cable will sit loosely in the switch box. It will not affect performance but looks funny.

One of our daring friends Bobo383 - solved the loose fit in the pre-96 throttle with a spent cut down 38cal bullet case, did a press fit after cutting it to length, and drilled out the primer cap to the proper size for the cable end. the base of the 38 spl keeps it from going into far.

I have not tried this, and can't seem to make up my mind as to which of these two bikes get the 38mm amal - most likely the '02

IP Logged
jester
YaBB Newbies

s
Reply #3 - 08/26/05 at 10:34:11

my boss ended up jimmy rigging i think the old cable, or it might have been the new one i dont remember and got it working!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 08/26/05 at 11:00:11

jester wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
my boss ended up jimmy rigging i think the old cable, or it might have been the new one i dont remember and got it working!

Ride on!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/26/05 at 12:28:49

awesome. Tell your boss way to go on the engineering.

Now tell us. IS the performance just a million times better? i thought it was.

IP Logged
jester
YaBB Newbies

s
Reply #6 - 08/26/05 at 12:33:28

well i actually never rode it before the new carb kit from lancer. i bought the bike from my boss and he told me it probably needed to be replaced so while making payments i bought one and just had it finished last night.

so i got the bike today, its freakin sweet. This is the first time i have ridden a bike and it was a suzuki savage! i just rode around in the parking lot for 10 or 15 minutes getting a feel for starting and stopping, turning to go around rows of cars... i was a little shaky on the turing but it was totally awesome, i cant wait to take it out

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 08/26/05 at 13:30:53

It's a good idea to take the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course if you've never ridden before.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 06:42:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › savage, amal carb, throttle cable?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.