Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage seats (Read 4 times)
Banjoboy
Ex Member

Savage seats
08/16/05 at 20:58:54

So I've had my Savage for ten days now and all of the old learned skills of shifting, etc., have come back.  I working on figure 8s and it seems to be going well.  What I notice though is the the seat is completely uncomfortable and I can't imagine a 100 mile trip on it.  I'm almost sitting with my rear end almost on the passenger seat.  I'm about six feet tall and weigh about 200 pounds.  Plus I'm an old guy at 58.  Is there a website or resource that sells seats that fit on this thing?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Savage seats
Reply #1 - 08/16/05 at 21:16:34

Here's a recent discussion of gel seats

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

page 2 has some pictures - there's several place and options from air pads to gel pads

try the search screen and change the default of 7 days to like 300 days and dig around a bit - lots about seats on this site

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #2 - 08/16/05 at 21:19:13

banjoboy: i'm 6' 220 lbs.30" inseam and have you by many years at 73. my stock is raised 1" in front with supports in center on frame and lowered in back,covered with 3/4" thick sheepskin cover from alaskaleather with a pro-tac drivers backrest. i can ride out a tank to res. at one setting, 100+ mi.no monkey butt now. not too expensive either. pro-tac 'bout 140+s&h,sheepskin 40. no too bad for a realitively high milage seat. Bill aka diesel

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/17/05 at 06:21:07

There's also a very simple seat mod in the Technical Corner that seems to help a lot of folks.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:01:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage seats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.