Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Barb wire (Read 5 times)
jbird
Ex Member

Barb wire
08/16/05 at 19:17:01

as we are out riding this week_end look over and look at that barbwire fence holding the cows in the field  then  think what would happen if you hit that fence and rode it at 100mph for 90 feet  that what the deputy told me happen to my partner last nite he is ICU people you cant psssibly imange what a 5 strand fence  does to a human body he was on his suzuki 1000 rocket and lost it in a curve slow down and think

a

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Barb wire
Reply #1 - 08/16/05 at 19:23:02

Ouch! Hope he makes it, and you know, slows it down

IP Logged
GaThumper

Powder Springs, GA USA
Reply #2 - 08/16/05 at 19:31:54

jbird wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
as we are out riding this week_end look over and look at that barbwire fence holding the cows in the field  then  think what would happen if you hit that fence and rode it at 100mph for 90 feet  that what the deputy told me happen to my partner last nite he is ICU people you cant psssibly imange what a 5 strand fence  does to a human body he was on his suzuki 1000 rocket and lost it in a curve slow down and think

Did he have on any protective clothing or was he in something like shorts and a t-shirt?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 08/16/05 at 20:26:10

GaThumper, at that speed, the best armor in the world wouldn't be much good. Modern barbed wire isn't like the sissy stuff we all got stuck in as kids (at least I did, neighbor had cows). Old time barbed wire (1970s and older) was 16 or 14 gauge, easy snap. The last stuff I strung was 6 or 8 gauge. You can hit it with a truck, and MAYBE break it.

Jbird, hope your partner pulls through. You've got a support network here if needed.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:31:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Barb wire

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!