Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
carb (Read 2 times)
Dragon King

IL
carb
08/14/05 at 12:01:32

I have a 87 savage that Iam having some fuel problems with. the carb seems to be getting too much fuel when running and pops out the exhaust. I have had the jets cleaned,oil changed,new airfilter.the carb was all factory at about 65 to 70mph I would loose power. I put in a smaller jet and it is alittle better. I have been thinking of a jet kit with an adjustable needle jet but Iam having trouble finding one.  :'(

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: carb
Reply #1 - 08/14/05 at 15:04:54

I thought I'd heard that the 8x models had an adjustable needle stock.  Hmmm, maybe someone had one and only thought it was stock.  I don't remember.  Anyway, if an adjustable needle is what you want, just get a DynoJet kit.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #2 - 08/14/05 at 15:19:44

I can not find a dynojet kit for that year.any ideas? ???

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - 08/14/05 at 16:00:20

If you have a 1987 then you already have a three way adjustable jet needle.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/14/05 at 18:43:22

i got an 87 but i put the lancer carb on Cheesy whats wicked is that after riding a while and i turn off the bike a pretty blue flame pops, but not like a black fire pop more like BLOOOP out my muff Cheesy I did some computer work for a mechanic buddy of a buddy and i'm going there tommorow hes got a tachometer and is gonna help me adjust that carb just right, then maybee i can finnaly put that iridium plug in

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 08/14/05 at 18:51:01

Well, the main jet wouldn't just get bigger over time, so if you reduced it and it helped something else is up.

a couple thoughts on things that can do this:

the fuel petc0ck is going south and letting fuel go up the vacuum line to the intake - if you pull this line does it have any fuel in it?

the carb slide is hanging on the way down- what's the slide look like and was this area cleaned when the jets were? you might want to add a little stretch back into diaphram spring - when this slide isn't working correct the engine can do all sorts of odd things that come and go.

the float level is incorrect or the shutoff needle is worn.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 02:45:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.