Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signals to running lights? (Read 4 times)
jrm8486
Ex Member

Turn signals to running lights?
08/02/05 at 11:41:28

I'm trying to find out how to use my rear turn signals as running light too. Can I just use a double filament bulb or is there something else I need to do.

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: Turn signals to running lights?
Reply #1 - 08/08/05 at 20:14:27

No, You can not use double filament bulb in a socket, that is designed for a single filament bulb. You will have to change the sockets with their wiring subharnesses too. After that You will have to splice the running light filament wire in the turn signal to the running light wire in Your tail light.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 08/09/05 at 06:21:59

You will also have to change the lenses from amber to red.  Red turn signals are allowed, amber tail lights are not.

WWW   IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/09/05 at 06:29:50

After you've changed to red lenses, you might want to add the "SDC Tri-Star Brake Light Turn Signal Conversion Module" from RideSafer.com.

http://ridesafer.com/store/item/fpel/Modulators/SDC_Tri-Star_Brake_Light_Turn...

It makes the turn signals act as brake lights, so you'd have three instead of one.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 08/09/05 at 06:45:32

DavidV wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Afte you've changed to red lenses, you might want to add the "SDC Tri-Star Brake Light Turn Signal Conversion Module" from RideSafer.com.

http://ridesafer.com/store/item/fpel/Modulators/SDC_Tri-Star_Brake_Light_Turn...

It makes the turn signals act as brake lights, so you'd have three instead of one.

You've got to love that.  The ad states There is a 1 year defective warranty from Signal Dynamics.  I'm pretty sure I'd rather not have a defective warranty.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Richard Amirault

Reply #5 - 08/10/05 at 15:05:20

Rather than convert your rear turn signals, why don't you just add some lights??

I bought these LED lights from JC Whitney. I've mounted them, but have yet to wire them up.

Mounting detail ... I bent a piece of flat aluminum bar stock and drilled holes to match the license plate holes.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #6 - 08/10/05 at 19:26:49

I cheaped out. I got a bicycle light from Walmart. (five L.E.D.) I used one on my bicycle for years & changed the battery about once a year. I'll probably put it where the reflector is above the brake light.   Tongue

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 18:28:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signals to running lights?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.