Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How many holes did you drill in your baffles? (Read 5 times)
rkutzner
Ex Member

How many holes did you drill in your baffles?
08/06/05 at 18:58:40

For those who drilled holes in their stock muffler rear baffle, how many and how big did you drill, how does it sound, and what is your setup?

I have a stock K&N, white spacer knocked down to the thickness of 2 #4 washers and a 152.5 main.  Runs really strong but I need a little more NOISE til I can afford a Raask or Supertrapp.

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Re: How many holes did you drill in your baffles?
Reply #1 - 08/06/05 at 19:52:56

I cut the whole rear baffle out, and lost most of my low-end grunt; but it was loud.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Re: How many holes did you drill in your baffles?
Reply #2 - 08/07/05 at 04:20:15

I'm not looking to go THAT far.  I've searched and read about a few 1/4", 3/8", or 1/2" holes but nothing very concise about how it changed their jetting or how loud it was.

Decided to drill 2 1/4" holes, what a nice difference in exhaust note!  Before it warmed up I could put 2 fingers over the holes to hear the difference at idle.  Nice.  May enlarge one of them to 3/8".  Doesn't seem to have effected the jetting as I may have been a little rich to begin with at 2 turns on the mixture screw, spacer mod (width of 2 #4 washers) and the 152.5 main.   It will be interesting to see what happens when the cooler weather comes on....will I still be rich enough?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:57:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How many holes did you drill in your baffles?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.