Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Replacement grips (Read 5 times)
jrm8486
Ex Member

Replacement grips
08/03/05 at 20:09:28

I was looking to replace my stock grips with 1" highway hawk o ring grips my question is do I have to buy the ones with the cable sleeve in it or is there a set screw on the old ones.I know alot of you have done this already so any help is welcome.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Replacement grips
Reply #1 - 08/04/05 at 06:48:46

The old ones have a reusable throttle sleeve. Pop the "chrome" end plug off the right side bar. Grab the grip rubber with a pair of needle nose pliers and give a tug. Make sure to catch only the rubber, NOT the white plastic throttle sleeve. Rubber should pop right off. Fille off the locator lugs, spray the tube with hairspray or grip cement for the rich folks, slide on the new grip.

Left side is :pop off bar end, twist the grip until the seal lets go, give a tug, slip on new grip.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 08/04/05 at 07:33:22

Yeah, on the left it helped to slip a thin screwdriver under the rubber and "roll" it around the whole thing to release the adhesive.  Then it slid right off.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/04/05 at 07:48:41

Thank again for the help guys! I seem to be hooked again! I can't stop buying and replacing  parts at the rate I'm going I'll have enough parts to build another bike!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 01:29:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement grips

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.