Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What's the seat pan on a 2004 made of? (Read 8 times)
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

What's the seat pan on a 2004 made of?
08/03/05 at 07:00:51

I've come to the conclusion that the main reason I get sore from riding my savage is the shape of the seat pan at the back. The back rises up to just meet my tailbone. I was wondering if it was metal and could be reshaped to match people's physiques. Obviously the cover would have to be removed and then put back. I think that people raising the front end have accomplished lowering (reshaping) the back, but at the cost of raising the front of the seat.

Has anyone tried this? What were the results?

IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Re: What's the seat pan on a 2004 made of?
Reply #1 - 08/03/05 at 07:21:31

I'm not really sure, but its probably made out of the same hard plastic stuff as all the other years.  You can reshape the foam, though it may not work as well as raising the front end.

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #2 - 08/03/05 at 07:30:27

You might go on the Buttbuffers.com site, they show how they rebuild seats in detail. It could give you an idea of how to accomplish what you want.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/03/05 at 09:07:10

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
You might go on the Buttbuffers.com site, they show how they rebuild seats in detail. It could give you an idea of how to accomplish what you want.

I believe it was pointed out in another thread that you need buttbuffer.com - NOT buttbuffers.com.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Richard Amirault

Reply #4 - 08/03/05 at 11:40:03

I just tried something the other day that might help.

Unitl now I placed my butt pretty much all the way back (not on the passerger seat, but all the way back on the riders seat)

I tried sitting more forward, (putting my crotch all the way up to the gas tank) and it seemed to "feeL" different ... I haven't ridden long enough, or far enough, to know for sure if makes any real difference at all, but (in the short term) it certainly *seems* different.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #5 - 08/03/05 at 19:13:49

The seat pan on my S40 is plastic & I think all are, I don't know 'cause they changed the seat in 2005. Anyway, I plan on a similar mod this weekend. That hump is right where I want to sit so I'm going to take off the cover & cut off the part where it rises up. Then I plan to add some extra padding to raise me up a little. I got some black vinyl & foam at an arts & crafts store. If I butcher it up enough I may just cut off the back end & make a solo seat, which I like better anyway for looks. I'll just have to relocate that rectifier from the fender. If that doesn't work out, I have a solo seat w/springs that I may try to attach somehow.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 08/04/05 at 06:44:41

Put the rectifier in the airbox intake snorkel. Remove and throw away the plastic airbox door. Get a fender bib to hide the other wires, snipoff the p-pad mounting lug at the taillight, and ride your new solo. Deepsixing the passenger junk, and cutting the seat down to almost nothing did the trick for me.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 07:22:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What's the seat pan on a 2004 made of?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.