Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mac slip on (Read 2 times)
shawn_b
Ex Member

mac slip on
08/02/05 at 10:32:03

where is the best place to buy on are they easy to put on/no rigging  and do i need to re jet to carb bone stock 2000 thanks for all the help

shawn

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: mac slip on
Reply #1 - 08/02/05 at 10:48:03

shawn_b wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
where is the best place to buy on are they easy to put on/no rigging  and do i need to re jet to carb bone stock 2000 thanks for all the help

shawn

I got mine from Mac Performance.  It's a piece of cake to install since it's made to fit the bike.  Be sure you clean your skin oild off of it well after installing before you heat it up or it'll be tough to clean.  I would suggest you also get the two exhaust gaskets from a dealer, BikeBandit.com or RonAyers.com and install new gaskets when you do this.  I would definitely rejet to at least a 152.5.  If you improve your air filter, go with a 155 or 157.5.  You'll probably have to play with it a bit to see what's best for you.  Fortunately, main jets are about $3 each.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/02/05 at 11:09:16

how do you change the main jet is the mac pretty loud

shawn

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/02/05 at 12:03:16

The MAC is fairly loud and the MP3 clips are available in a thread called "Savage Sounds (mufflers)" in the Technical Corner.  Remember not to post comments or questions there though.
The main jet is in the bottom of the carb and requires you to remove the float bowl.  It takes four screws and you'll probably need an offset screwdriver for two of them.  I would suggest you replace those four screws with stainless allen screws and lockwashers to ease future access.  Please refer to your Clymer's or Suzuki manual for an exploded view of the carb.  If you don't have one, I'd suggest you get one.  In the mean time, try the microfiche at either RonAyers.com or BikeBandit.com.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/02/05 at 23:25:12

thanks i have heard the mp3 good but not like the real thing

shawn

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 08/03/05 at 06:04:29

shawn_b wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
thanks i have heard the mp3 good but not like the real thing

shawn

It's pretty close.  I recorded the MAC MP3 from my bike.

theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #6 - 08/03/05 at 16:14:25

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:19:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › mac slip on

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.