Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch noise? (Read 2 times)
airframer509
Ex Member

Clutch noise?
08/01/05 at 10:18:19

Hello all,
I was wondering about a noise that seems to be coming from my clutch area on the left side of the engine.  It sounds like a rainstick being turned over or like the pouring of Rice Krispies cereal.  Anyway, it happens when I let off the throttle and goes away when I get back on the throttle or when I pull in the clutch lever.  Oil level is good in the sight gauge and i don't have any driveability problems.  The bike gets up and goes with no problem, no slipping or anything.  What is the likely source of this noise and how to correct it.  It is a '95 Savage with about 28K miles I've had it about a year with no problems.

Thanx,
Eric

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Clutch noise?
Reply #1 - 08/05/05 at 06:58:15

hey, first the clutch is on the right side of the bike,and the generator on the left. Ibelieve it sounds like your camshaft is worn or your valves need to be adjusted    

good luck!

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Clutch noise?
Reply #2 - 08/05/05 at 07:23:28

If you take it out of gear without the engine running  and just roll it around do you hear it ? if your handy with a wrench it maybe worth while to pull the front sprocket cover and watch the sprocket as you roll the bike - does it jump around?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/18/24 at 15:16:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch noise?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.