Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's been a while but I'm back (Read 2 times)
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

It's been a while but I'm back
07/27/05 at 07:28:08

I've been away from this forum for some time (mostly working on rebuilding/painting my Savage) and I know I've asked these questions before but I need some help with my final touches:

1.) I replaced the stock tank with a Marauder one and now I need a speedo but I'm not sure about the ratio that I need to install an aftermarket one.

2.) I need a new exhaust system (header back) and I priced the one from Raask and I'm just not ready to spend that much right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Munson

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: It's been a while but I'm back
Reply #1 - 07/27/05 at 08:58:22

Munson_kl279 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
.....1.) I replaced the stock tank with a Marauder one ....

4.1 gallons is 45% better than 2.8 gallons.  How does is look and how hard was it to install?

WWW   IP Logged
kickthetires
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/27/05 at 17:18:28

Pics...need pics of the tank on the bike....

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 07/27/05 at 18:34:32

Munson_kl279 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I've been away from this forum for some time (mostly working on rebuilding/painting my Savage) and I know I've asked these questions before but I need some help with my final touches:

1.) I replaced the stock tank with a Marauder one and now I need a speedo but I'm not sure about the ratio that I need to install an aftermarket one.

2.) I need a new exhaust system (header back) and I priced the one from Raask and I'm just not ready to spend that much right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Munson

some are using a sigma 1600 bike speedo with great results.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/28/05 at 10:40:57

I don't have it mounted yet, I just finished painting it and I'm putting the whole thing back into one piece now so I don't have any pics as of the finished product yet.

As far as the install...

I had to cut the stock tank mounts on the backbone off and make longer ones, move the rear mounting holes back, and make a "filler" piece and weld it onto the frame that covers the gap between the backbone and the side of the tank.  I have some WIP pics I'll post when I'm able to.
The next step will be rebuilding the seat.  Because the tank is longer I'm going to have to make the main seat a little shorter.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:06:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › It's been a while but I'm back

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.