Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
What a day...
07/26/05 at 22:10:29

Kid called me at work no more than ten minutes after I got there this morning. Get this: Pull in the clutch, bike shuts off, let out the clutch, bike restarts. Without touching the starter button. And the starter apparently is staying engaged full time at the moment.

Found a Ducati 350 single engine in the trailer at work. First thought? Chopper motor! Then I priced it... :'(

Boss sold a bike with a maintenance hold on it the 24th. Customer brought it back this afternoon, because it flooded (it was tagged BAD FUEL VALVE DO NOT SELL). Dirt bike guru checked the top end, changed the plug, and kicked it over. OOPS! The thing caught fire in his face. Two stroke mix burns like JP4 helicopter fuel, pretty flames, rancid smoke, nearly impossible to put out. One less ugly old RMX250 in the world now... 8)

Found five sandcast (1969 (one year only) first year) CB750 four motors in the trailer...Customer offered me an original Amen plunger frame and Jammer springer a couple days before...FATE... ???

And to top it off, this poor kid with a 99 Savage brought his scoot in for a new tube, at 6:30 PM. We close at 7pm. We don't pull wheels. Told him to check in here after walking him through a quick inspection and how to on the rear of the bike.

Like I said, what a day.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Re: What a day...
Reply #1 - 07/26/05 at 23:36:09

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Get this: Pull in the clutch, bike shuts off, let out the clutch, bike restarts. Without touching the starter button. And the starter apparently is staying engaged full time at the moment.

Ooooh. Magic!  Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:31:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What a day...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.