Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
resurrected 95 (Read 2 times)
Jim_R
Ex Member

resurrected 95
07/25/05 at 22:12:39

YAY I got my bike fixed after only waiting 3 weeks in the shop and a total of a month without it!  It only cost like $1630.00  WOO WOO chump change!  Ok it did have super problems(uh leaking 33% compression on a test), when the cam chain broke it bent the valves and major poo poo.  They rebuilt the top, replaced valves, blah blah blah new new new and no leaks leaks leaks.

THey also rejetted with a 157.5 main and 55 pilot.  POWER!!  yeee haw!  I also added a 2.5 inch diameter car air filter thanks to bobo's write up.. IT IS LOUD and much faster, with minor tweak to idle screw.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/398825/

If that wasnt enough I also had to get the head welded because the previous moron, i mean owner drilled another hole for the exhaust in the head and it made the original hole a double hole, side by side.  YES i know. scarry.  ANyway after I got all that crap done and ordered some aftermartket mirrors for 24.00, i had to have the front tire tube replaced because a nail made it flat Sad  haha. GOOD LORD!  what money can do!
MY POOR SAVAGE WAS HURT BAD, kicked in the head, nail in the foot, and hands, er grips falling off.

Speaking of which I bought some new grips and those grip end thingys, KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS and STILETTO END CAPS .  Lookin good.  
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/398826/

I also bought a Sigma 1600 computer and installing it tomorrow.  All I need is a chrome toolbox cover because I was so excited about my air filter I forgot to put the lock catch back on and the chrome cover fell off!  WAHHHHH!  

I even walked down the road in this heat 90+ over a mile until I saw a plane crash into a neighborhood across the street.  I didnt actually see it crash but it just happened a few mins before and there were cops, emts and new crews flying to it.  
So I give up on MY CHROME COVER, I hope u rust in the weeds!  I replaced it with an old hard drive and it looks almost as good. haha NOT.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/398827/
 I might replace it with a dc/ac power inverter so it isnt a gaping @ss hole dere.
I will check ebay and hopefully I will find one soon.  If anyone has a spare one PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: resurrected 95
Reply #1 - 07/26/05 at 06:10:26

Congratulations on the resurrection! You can often find the battery box covers on eBay but it'll be keyed differently from everything else.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savi650
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/26/05 at 07:36:21

You're doing a nice job on that bike dude!   Shocked  Keep it up!  I'm on the way to installing the K&N filter..  so'll I'll probably bug you with some tips later on.

Savi650

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/26/05 at 09:51:44

well what i did was just find an air filter off ebaymotors for 5.50 with shipping 7.00 total 12.50 with an inlet diameter of 2.5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7981460348&rd=1...

I then got two 90 degree 2 inch pvc pipes with couplin on the ends which I attached together with pvc cement. 1.60 for pipes and 2 dollars for glue.
It set really fast so try different angles before u glue it and keep it turning when u have glue on it or it will set before u know it.

Then I just took out the airbox (hidden screw behind belt guard which I ended up taking two of the screws off the blet guard ). I also took out the battery and used it as support for the pipe via gravity.  I then used a worm clamp if thats what its called.
I put a small breather filter on the breather but I bought the wrong size from pep boys 9.99 but I drilled out the hole and cleaned it carefully.

I also wrapped the white pvc in electrical tape so it wouldnt look so hideous.  I do have a TINY bit of interference from the larger filter rubbin my leg when I come to a stop and put both feet on the ground.  I am thinking of buying a smaller filter or dealing with it.  It really doesnt prevent me from putting my foot down IM just picky.   So I paid
12.50 for filter, 3.64 for pipe and glue, 9.99 for breather filter,1.80 in worm clamps, electrical tape .99
$28.92  uh wow more than i thought. DANG IT.  It was breather filter im sure I overpaid for but what can u do when ur in a hurry?  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9MM-AIR-BREATHER-VALVE-COVER-CRANKCASE-FILTER-...  might work who knows.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 07/26/05 at 11:26:09

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

My baby girl is a US MARINE, and their attitude about any difficult  situations is.............IMPROVISE!!!!!!

You did good.

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/26/05 at 20:41:24

aw lancer

I know this sounds cheesy but that means alot coming from u.

Kiss hahaha

but seriously thanks a bunch 8)

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 07/26/05 at 21:44:10

Jim_R wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I even walked down the road in this heat 90+ over a mile until I saw a plane crash into a neighborhood across the street.  I didnt actually see it crash but it just happened a few mins before and there were cops, emts and new crews flying to it.  

so the flash of your chrome cover caused an airplane crash.  kewl...    Shocked

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/27/05 at 19:00:52

Hey lancer SIMPER FI for your baby girl my son is in the air force to deploy to iraqi in november best of luck and god bless to you and your family

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 07/27/05 at 20:24:19

Thanks Goose.  My oldest son is in the Air Force and is in the desert now.  Our middle child is the only one NOT in the military.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:19:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › resurrected 95

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.