Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
RESULTS R IN! Will not shift into 3rd! (Read 3 times)
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Re: RESULTS R IN! Will not shift into 3rd!
Reply #30 - 08/05/05 at 16:11:43

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I don't think that was directed specifically at you Paula.  I think it just brought the whole thing to mind.  I don't even want to count how many times I've seen people asking about their stock Savage/S40 backfiring and I know that topic is covered in major repetition already.  Complete instructions on rejetting, changing mufflers, etc. are pretty well covered.  Occasionally something different comes along, like the differences in the 86-87 carbs but now a lot of that is covered too.  Anyway, new stuff is cool. Clarifications are cool.  Even something that is hard to search.  However, there are a lot of recent posts that fit none of those.  They are mostly the result of someone taking the easier route of asking someone else to find the information for them.  That in itself begins to make it harder to find the therads with the real information.  I believe that's one thing Mr. 650 was trying to counter in asking people to post other questions at the end of existing threads of the same/similar topic.  Anyway, it's almost the weekend and I'm looking forward to riding some of it.

Ride Safely Folks Wink

I understand that maybe it was not directed at me, however over the computer you can not always tell, my fault sorry for getting excited.  But I think too that maybe an alert to what Mr650 is saying should be a sticky at the top of Rubberside down or something?  Newbies will not read this thread to specifically see Mr650s notice.
I like the idea of posting additional questions on to similar threads I just didnt think it would be noticed as quickly if the title thread is not what my question was.

Have some good riding this weekend!  8)

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #31 - 08/06/05 at 03:02:34

Whenever I start a new site I allways scan through the archives, and learn a lot. On a mature site like this one every thing You need to know is allready here.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #32 - 08/06/05 at 05:16:29

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Whenever I start a new site I allways scan through the archives, and learn a lot. On a mature site like this one every thing You need to know is allready here.

Clive W  Cheesy

Ditto here. Except the answer to my problem was not in the archives already. At least not under shift/shifting.  It is now however Wink

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #33 - 08/06/05 at 07:33:26

Hey Paula

Yours is an orignal question, never seen anything like it on all three sites.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #34 - 08/06/05 at 07:34:02

Mr_650 has a valid point, but I doubt that he really is aiming it at Paula (even though she's caught in the net, anyway)

I doubt that this section will ever be so organized that threads will be continued, rather than new topics created.  Just looking down the current "Page 1", I do not see one totally new topic...we have the seat topics, the pipe topics, and carb topics, all worded differently of course, but exactly the same subjects as before....and the same repairs, corrections, and fix its will probably be recommended by the same people that discussed it before....

Considering that just about every aspect of the bike has been discussed, SuzukiSavage.com could stand alone just as a reference site.  John could turn off the posting features, and just leave it for people to "read only".....but then the membership would decline, and the site would fizzle away....

The real reason this site has done so well, is due to the idea that the total confusion caused by all of the repeat topics is a mirror of our human condition anyway.  How often do we need to know the correct spelling of a word, but never actually open a real dictionary to look it up?  We either use a spell checker or just simply ask someone...as in, starting a "repeat topic" Smiley  Besides, we are lazy, wanting the fastest and quickest solution to everything, and we have egos that make us think that our question is more important and accurate than someone else's similar question.

Humans aren't happy unless we can turn order into chaos, so trying to organize this site would probably be the end of it.  People would just go somewhere else and ask someone else.

IP Logged
Mikey Teutul

Reply #35 - 08/07/05 at 10:35:10

Hey this thread was not entitled "NEWBIES NOTICE: READ AND RESEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC" so what is Mr_650 doing cluttering it up with all this *BS* about newbies asking to many questions for?  Angry  This is why it is so heard to find answers on here.  My S40 is having the same problem as Paula's only with 2nd gear and I've had to sift through all this wining about newbies asking questions just incase there was more good advice.   Next time start a new thread if you want to talk about something off topic (I bet Mr_650 really rides a Sportster anyway).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/18/24 at 01:10:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › RESULTS R IN! Will not shift into 3rd!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.