Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signal trouble (Read 3 times)
CordermanThumps
Ex Member

Turn signal trouble
07/23/05 at 01:25:40

I have a 98 savage and the right turn signal only works when it wants to.  Some times when i use it the front one will flicker as if the back was burnt out ( but i know it isnt).  And sometimes it works just like it should.  Is there anything that i can check myself to figure out the problem.  
Thanx

Chance

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Turn signal trouble
Reply #1 - 07/23/05 at 06:45:22

My left rear turn signal is flakey.  Bulb is good.  I reseat it and it works for a short while.  I figure it's a poor contact between the bottom center of the bulb and the socket.  The contact on the bulb is lead and indented.  Changing the bulb might fix it, else it's socket changing time.  I think I'll hit Kragen this morning and get a new bulb.  Get back to you about noon.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Turn signal trouble
Reply #2 - 07/23/05 at 07:47:13

CordermanThumps wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I have a 98 savage and the right turn signal only works when it wants to.  Some times when i use it the front one will flicker as if the back was burnt out ( but i know it isnt).  And sometimes it works just like it should.  Is there anything that i can check myself to figure out the problem.  
Thanx

Chance

Does "flicker" mean that it blinks rapidly at a constant rate, or does it blink rapidly and erratically?

I have seen bulbs act like they were blown intermittently with the filament barely hanging on, but eventually that will stop.  

However, if you are sure that both bulbs are okay, then your search should go into the headlight for the front bulb (being careful NOT to turn the wrong screw), and under the rider seat for the rear bulb.  Use the electrical schematic in the Tech Corner for the wire colors.

Let us know.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 15:44:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signal trouble

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.