Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
midnight & moonlight
07/21/05 at 02:19:29

i just returned from my moonlight ride, it was in the mid 70's, full moon high in the sky, i was right there with it.
the sights, sound, and smells of the desert night were overwhelming. as i rode,  thumper and i cast an erie shadow on the roadway.  i stopped and made moonshadow hand puppets on a basalt out cropping.
for miles you could see the desert floor glistening under the light of the moon. the only sign of mans hand were the high tension wires that glowed as they streched across the desert.  i hit the reserve and made my way home to watch a spectacular moonset. as i wiped the bugs of the forks i thought wow  this would make a great next group ride.  so how bout it,  next full moon?

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: midnight & moonlight
Reply #1 - 07/21/05 at 04:35:31

Gawd sluggo ... what a picture!! You've described my "fantasy Ride"!! Moonlight and a desert highway! Wow!!
Pencil me in for a Full-Moon Ride!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 07/21/05 at 07:01:23

Sounds great, I'm heading out tonight for a ride under the full moon. Don't know about the midnight part, that is way past my bedtime. The moon comes up just after 9:00 so 9:30 is my kickoff time. Thanks Sluggo for a cool idea for a ride. Grin.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 07/21/05 at 07:30:03

Sounds like a fantastic idea.  Next full moon in August 19th -- a Friday night.  We should have a full moon or close enough Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday.

For those unfortunates who do not live near a desert, the "Ocean is a desert with it's life underground."

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 07/21/05 at 09:11:34

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
http://savage.andruschak.net/FTP/MoonLightRide.gifSounds like a fantastic idea.  Next full moon in August 19th -- a Friday night.  We should have a full moon or close enough Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday.

For those unfortunates who do not live near a desert, the "Ocean is a desert with it's life underground."  

Ahhh, America........ the band, that is.  Horse With No Name.  Gotta love it.

Paladin, could I get a copy of the pic you thumbnailed there?  That'd be a great desktop.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 07/21/05 at 15:09:39

You will have to talk to the people I stole it from:
http://www.haitixchange.com/article_0052.asp.

What I swipped was only 250x163 pixels, but they may have a higher resolution version available.

WWW   IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #6 - 07/21/05 at 19:22:57

That brought back some memories for me. I miss the desert! In '93, riding in the desert helped me get through a bad divorce. I lived in Albuquerque & I'd ride out across the desert to the top of the Sandia mountains late at night when nobody was there but the animals. I'd look out over the city lights down below & the desert all around. It was a wonderful sight & at 10,300 feet the stars shimmered like jewelry. Good place for meteor watching. Sometimes a ride like that lightens our burden & gives us a fresh start. Gotta go back again some day.  (the desert, not the ex!)

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 07/28/05 at 12:18:22

heres what the moonset looked like that morning.  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
freerider23
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/28/05 at 15:38:45

august 19 is the perfect night.  the gold wing road riders association puts on its annual midnight ride that night.   starts out at midnight in grand rapids mich, goes all the way up to the makinac bridge.  supposed to be like 30,000 bikes from all over michigan riding.  the cops shut down the highways and everything.  anyone gets bored at midnight in michigan should come check it out

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:00:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › midnight & moonlight

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.