Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Not about Savage - was in Lake Pictures (Read 3 times)
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Not about Savage - was in Lake Pictures
07/11/05 at 05:26:47

PerrydaSavage wrote:
Thanks Paladin ... I can see 'em now ... nice pics mornhm ... is your wife's Vulcan the 800A (Custom)? I love the look of those ... how does she like the Vulc? Have you ridden it? How does it compare with the Savage? An aftermarket belt-drive conversion kit would make the 800A just about perfect!

I'm not sure why the pictures aren't showing up for you. They showed up fine for me if anyone has a suggestion about how I should have posted these let me know.

As far as the vulcan goes, It's a 500. She likes it fine. We went out riding yesterday again. It definitely has more get up and go than the Savage. She doesn't like the Savage - it has a bit too much personality for her  Smiley
I've ridden her Vulcan - it's OK, but I prefer the Savage. If I was going to ride something different from the Savage, I'd like something with much more hp than either the Savage or her Vulcan.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Not about Savage - was in Lake Pictures
Reply #1 - 07/11/05 at 06:22:02

8)Hi mornhm! Ahh ... your wife's Bike is the EN500 ... couldn't tell from the photos if it was the 500 or 800A ... anyhoo, I too have ridden a Vulcan 500 and it is a very nice machine ... that Ninja-based vertical twin powerplant has lotsa guts! Will agree with you about the "personality" thing ... the LS650 has gobs more "character" than the baby Vulcan ... the EN500 used to have belt-drive several years ago ... for some reason Kawi decided to replace it with a chain? The Vulcan 800 Custom & Classic models could benefit from a belt too, but sadly this modification is only available thru aftermarket for approx. $600USD for the kit ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #2 - 07/11/05 at 21:48:02

that vulcan that the belt was a 454, went to chain when going to 500. Why?????

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 07/11/05 at 23:05:41

Belt drive Kawis? Got a KZ440LTD at work, some low life stole the GSR250... KZ wouldn't track straight if you paid it to...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 07/12/05 at 02:41:34

2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A

2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Standard
Both beautiful Bikes (OK the Kawi seat and pipes don't look as good as the Harley) ... doesn't bother me a bit that the Japanese manufacturers have looked to H.D. for their styling cues ... the Kawi is probably the better deal ... it's cheaper and every bit as reliable ... and a scootworks.com belt drive conversion would only make it better!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:23:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Not about Savage - was in Lake Pictures

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.