Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
I didn't know, and
07/05/05 at 19:17:26

I don't know....

First, I didn't know until the other day, that there are "Ebay" stores.  Never heard of it before, but it makes sense.  Found one by accident in Portland (and I was doing my best Gomer "gawlie", too).  They sell your stuff for you.  Anyone with opinions about this?

Second, I feel like I just crawled out from under a dead Savage (poetic license), but what the heck is (a) BLOG?  I've heard the term used in this group, but I just figured it was some kind of "email" language.  But tonight I saw it on the news, and did a search, but I'm still not sure.  Is there such a thing a Savage Blog?

I guess, I've just been "out of the loop", or just stuck in the decade know for that cliché too.   Tongue

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: I didn't know, and
Reply #1 - 07/05/05 at 19:44:02

a blog is an on line diary, you keep your thoughts in it, and others get to check it out.

the way i tell stories here is very simular to blogging.

a lot of celeberties use it to communicate with their fans.

there is alot of news blogging going on. with all mistakes and all..

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 07/05/05 at 19:51:32

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
a blog is an on line diary, you keep your thoughts in it, and others get to check it out.

the way i tell stories here is very simular to blogging.

a lot of celeberties use it to communicate with their fans.

there is alot of news blogging going on. with all mistakes and all..

Okay....so I start with something like, "In the beginning, there was me...." and then I just write whatever crap I think of, to be stored online in someone else's computer so that I have a permenant public record of myself for everyone to use to their heart's content?

Hey, sign me up!  Maybe I should just publish my passwords too.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #3 - 07/05/05 at 19:59:47

Remember when Sunny shared the link to the site where she writes about stuff, including her motorcycle poetry -- that's a blog. Basically its an online diary/column. Some people use them to chronicle their lives; others use them to comment on a particular subject, e.g., politics. They are huge right now.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 07/05/05 at 21:12:45

i love the way greg and susan said the same thing yet choose totally different words.   Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 07/05/05 at 21:50:36

Don't feel too left behind Greg. I still like 6 volt batteries (trucks and bikes), flathead engines, and breaker points. Points went away in most USA made cars in 1974... Sad huh, I was hatched in '72.

Blog is a fad, just like those stupid pet rocks and pink mohawk hairdos (I hope).  The motorcycle and truck boards are close enough to the concept as far as I'm concerned.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/06/05 at 05:18:21

Just to state the obvious...a 'blog is a derivative of the term 'Web log'...  Roll Eyes  And yes, it's sort of a web diary.  

As much as certain people are on this forum, you could almost consolidate their posts into a blog...I mean if a blog is a record of your life... Grin

Tom

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 07/06/05 at 05:32:05

A blog is an outlet for those of us who like to blather on and on about nothing of interest to real people.

My wife started a blog on a friend's server which we moved over to my own server a bit over two years ago.  Since I set it up for her I started one for myself.  Then, because we are professonal crastinators, we started one for the Beetle, with lotsa pictures so we can figure how to put him back together again:

The robots from the search engines crawl over my site on a regualr basis.  Far more regular than our writing and updating.  I's been nearly four weeks since my last entry, but my finger is nearly healed and I can actually use it for typing again.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 07/06/05 at 06:06:24

gandalph40 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Just to state the obvious...a 'blog is a derivative of the term 'Web log'...  Roll Eyes

Thanks Gandalph.  I was wondering when someone would point out BLOG was short for WEBLOG.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #9 - 07/06/05 at 07:31:17

My pink mohawk is outdated?-----darn the luck! But I liked all the attention. How about a pink mullet? That would be new.

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Deb
2005 No Login

02 silver savage :)
In the mountains of
East Tenn.

Tennessee
Reply #10 - 07/06/05 at 09:00:14

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
A blog is an outlet for those of us who like to blather on and on about nothing of interest to real people.

My wife started a blog on a friend's server which we moved over to my own server a bit over two years ago.  Since I set it up for her I started one for myself.  Then, because we are professonal crastinators, we started one for the Beetle, with lotsa pictures so we can figure how to put him back together again:

http://www.andruschak.net/buttons/valkyrie.gif  http://www.andruschak.net/buttons/paladin.gif  http://www.andruschak.net/buttons/project66bug.gif

The robots from the search engines crawl over my site on a regualr basis.  Far more regular than our writing and updating.  I's been nearly four weeks since my last entry, but my finger is nearly healed and I can actually use it for typing again.

Don't mean to be mean but sounds like someone sure has a lot of time on hand here ?

YaBBCJunior
Littled200056   IP Logged
Deb
2005 No Login

02 silver savage :)
In the mountains of
East Tenn.

Tennessee
Reply #11 - 07/06/05 at 09:07:14

should have looked at your site first Paladin I like it a lot. (Sorry) guess I got time to are I would not be on here so much lol

YaBBCJunior
Littled200056   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #12 - 07/06/05 at 12:28:55

Not a problem.  I got my Atari 800 for Chirstmas 1980, was on-line by June '81, started a BBS in early '82.  In June of '86 Wendy logged onto my BBS for the first time.  July was interesting, August I proposed, we married in September. Somewhere around '89 my BBS died, I got onto FidoNet and Intelec.  Then in '95 I beta tested PacBell Internet dial-up.  By '97 home internet usage was over 400 hours/month on dialups.  I got DSL 12/29/99.  Added a router to the line sometime around June '00 and had multiple computers connected to the internet.  I've used AIM to talk to the wife who was 8 feet away.

A lot of time on my hands?  Not really.  It's just that I don't have much of a life outside of computer communications.

The Savage is starting to change that.

WWW   IP Logged
Suzuki_Sam
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/06/05 at 18:32:08

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
A lot of time on my hands?  Not really.  It's just that I don't have much of a life outside of computer communications.

Hear Hear!

Since we've cleared up Blogs now  Wink what does it mean to be trolling?  I'm on a bicycle forum also and this gets brought up often.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Trolling
Reply #14 - 07/06/05 at 22:03:25

Wrong Troll.

Trolling is a fishing term where you drag a baited hook slowly through the water.

Usenet/forum Trolling is when you post a provocative message for the purpose of causing a heated discussion/flame war.  Trolls generally do not participate in the flame wars they provoke.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:03:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I didn't know, and

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.