Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trike Project??? (Read 4 times)
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Trike Project???
06/20/05 at 17:45:05

Hey everybody in savageland! I see alot of very good mods that are very well done by all in many diffrent styles and ways but I have never seen a Savage made up to be a trike!!! Have any of you??? I'm just curious and was wondering if there is one.
Keep up the great work to your bikes everyone they all look awesome!! Don't forget to put a flag on your bike this 4th of July if you ride (i'm sure we all will)

Ride Safe
                           Dannimal 8)

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Trike Project???
Reply #1 - 06/20/05 at 17:55:35

dannimal wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Hey everybody in savageland! I see alot of very good mods that are very well done by all in many diffrent styles and ways but I have never seen a Savage made up to be a trike!!! Have any of you??? I'm just curious and was wondering if there is one.
Keep up the great work to your bikes everyone they all look awesome!! Don't forget to put a flag on your bike this 4th of July if you ride (i'm sure we all will)

Ride Safe
                           Dannimal 8)

funny you should say that, i've been toying with that idea for a while now.  it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish..    Y  out the swing arm.  leave drive gear in place.  reroute brake cable.  hm.... it could work..  any real engingeers out there, what ya think.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Dave Bennett

Reply #2 - 06/22/05 at 08:51:04

There is a guy in flordia that does trike kits for the savage.  He had some on Ebay last year.  

His website is http://www.rebelcatalog.com/default.htm
He mainly deals in stuff for the Honda Rebel, but looks like he can make custom stuff for the Savage also.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 06/22/05 at 10:35:37

Just read an article in Road Bike about a 5 minutte conversion. Don't quite remember the name... can get it if you like, but the slogan was "From mild to wild in five minutes."  Basically, it's jsut two wheels that attach to the frame at three points and comes on and off pretty easy.  Less than $5k, too.

IP Logged
defrag
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/22/05 at 14:30:11

ive rode the trike savage, the guy is right by orlando in sanford. acutally had that shop straighten out a bent fork my sav. pretty cool  8)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 06/22/05 at 17:44:32

Dave Bennett wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
There is a guy in flordia that does trike kits for the savage.  He had some on Ebay last year.  

His website is http://www.rebelcatalog.com/default.htm
He mainly deals in stuff for the Honda Rebel, but looks like he can make custom stuff for the Savage also.

Yeah, he has this Savage trike pic on his site.  He says that, due to the rake on the Savage, it's hard to turn but they are working on that issue.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
skepticalnewt
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Upstate New York
Reply #6 - 06/22/05 at 17:48:32

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Just read an article in Road Bike about a 5 minutte conversion. Don't quite remember the name... can get it if you like, but the slogan was "From mild to wild in five minutes."  Basically, it's jsut two wheels that attach to the frame at three points and comes on and off pretty easy.  Less than $5k, too.

The company above is MTC who can be found at:
http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

It's not really a trike, its more like training wheels.

Steve

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 06/22/05 at 18:04:55

skepticalnewt wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
The company above is MTC who can be found at:
http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

It's not really a trike, its more like training wheels.

Steve

Hmm, it'd be easy to check the oil level but otherwise I think it's kinda goofy.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/22/05 at 19:23:48

I've got enough troubles riding my plain ol' Savage.  A trike would really freak me out.  

Does it corner like a bike, or more like a car?  Something tells me it won't be pretty.

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #9 - 06/22/05 at 22:11:53

I ride both, takes 2 sets of really different skills. '03 LS 650,my solo ride and an '03 GL 1800 CSC trike, our 2 up touring rig. went to trike over 5 years ago when I could no longer hold up wing with the SO aboard. not getten any younger, ya know. a few months ago, I thought I'd try soloing again. bike had to be light, Savage was just the ticket. pick up good used '03, just 510 mi. on it. trailered it home, unloaded in driveway, checked 'er all out, started 'er up, road down drive way,across ths street, into ditch and fell over, I FORGET HOW TO COUNTER STEER. 50 years of 2 wheeling gone in 5 years of triking. thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 06/23/05 at 05:42:50

I'm not against trikes in general.  I think they'd probably be pretty cool touring rigs.  While it's more likely I'd get a sidecar for a bike, it wouldn't be a Savage in either case; it'd have to be something quite a bit bigger.  I love my Savage but I regard it as a solo machine for the most part.

I guess if I had special needs (like paralysis, amputation, etc.) and still wanted a lighter solo machine, it could be an option.  Otherwise, a trike should really be bigger IMO.

Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #11 - 06/23/05 at 16:37:40

diesel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I ride both, takes 2 sets of really different skills. '03 LS 650,my solo ride and an '03 GL 1800 CSC trike, our 2 up touring rig. went to trike over 5 years ago when I could no longer hold up wing with the SO aboard. not getten any younger, ya know. a few months ago, I thought I'd try soloing again. bike had to be light, Savage was just the ticket. pick up good used '03, just 510 mi. on it. trailered it home, unloaded in driveway, checked 'er all out, started 'er up, road down drive way,across ths street, into ditch and fell over, I FORGET HOW TO COUNTER STEER. 50 years of 2 wheeling gone in 5 years of triking. thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Now thats funny  8)

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 06/24/05 at 07:25:20

How about this?....a 2000 Savage with a Voyager conversion kit.

Here is the page...
Voyager

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:11:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Trike Project???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.