Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Today's Ride (Read 2 times)
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Today's Ride
06/05/05 at 18:19:32

After yesterday's, "Day of Firsts", we took off again today, for 110 miles this time...and got caught in the rain again.  Oh well, we're getting used to it now.

We took the camera today.  Here's where we went:

That's the Savage and the Intruder, and my hubby very conveniently stood so that the HD was not visible. <snicker>

Rest stop along the way:

A couple of 1942 Military issue HD's from the Bike & Trike show yesterday:

OH, and I almost forgot this picture!  The lighthouse in the background is the one on the Maine State quarter.  We went up in the lighthouse on a tour today.  Way cool!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Today's Ride
Reply #1 - 06/05/05 at 20:31:44

Hmm, reminds me of the lighthouse at Montauk Point, Long Island, New York (have family there). Your neck of the woods looks like perfect biking country.

That white 45 looks familiar...I've had a couple go through my hands.

210 miles in less than a week...I think your husband has been "converted".
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Suzuki_Sam
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/05 at 23:21:58

Okay, now I'm getting jealous!  I'm going for my permit Tuesday so I can at least leave my neighborhood.  Wish me luck!

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/06/05 at 10:21:41

Oooh...go for it!  You'll never look back.  That road out to the lighthouse is my new favorite.  It looks exactly like the street signs you see for a twisty road...it goes back and forth and back and forth....excellent twisty!!!

My hubby has had his permit since last September, but this is the first week he's been on the bike (maybe because I always had it for myself).  

He's doing really well.  But I can't wait for him to get more comfortable in the corners...following him on that twisty road was a little frustrating cuz I wanted to LEAN!

But he's getting there and we are having a blast together!  Great sport for two old fogies... (I'm 41, but he is 50)

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #4 - 06/06/05 at 21:31:42

Gad Bluejeanz, youz guys are still kids yet, I don't consider myself a "SOG" yet at 73. (SOG=slow old geezer)

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #5 - 06/06/05 at 21:52:56

the picture made me want to ride there, awesome job getting the spouse ridding, and hints on how I can get my wife to ride with me? Grin have only been on road a few times this year as I have spent more time working on her (oil leak) then ridding.  LTR RTL

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/07/05 at 05:47:43

Does your wife have her own bike?  That's the first thing.  Of course, I had an edge that you can't have...

Simply by riding for myself, and bragging about it to everyone, it insulted his male ego and made him want to get out there on his own ride.  Of course, now, he whines that I have the bigger bike.  Too bad.

As for your wife, I don't know.  Women are funny.  We either are determined to ride and nothing will stop us, or we have no desire to ride and nothing will make us.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground.

Can you get her on here with me and Susan, and Deb, and Karen, and Sunny, and Laura, and Sam, and .... and... and...  Maybe if she chatted with some of us, she'd see how much fun we're having!

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #7 - 06/07/05 at 15:31:43

When the wife was younger her older brother scared all the ride right out of her with his "crotch rocket", when she finally went for a ride she had fun but has a phobea (spelling) about leaving our kids orpheans, (I can ride but I can't spell). Hard placed to change her mind, But I keep trying Smiley

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/07/05 at 19:05:47

I can understand that.  My husband has a son who lost the lower half of his right leg in a motorcycle accident so he's having a real inner struggle with riding...but getting out there and doing it is helping a lot.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 06/07/05 at 19:50:14

I don't know why my wife is phobic about bikes.  Heck, when we met that was my only mode of transportation (9 months after I got out of the Navy).  Then when I bought this one and brought it home, the guy I bought it from followed me home and gave me a ride back to his place so I could get my other Suzuki (a Grand Vitara).  While I was gone, she decided to sit on it and burned a spot on her leg about the size of lemon.  She decided that was an omen and it confirmed all her fears about the horrible machines.  She won't touch it now and acts like I'm consorting with demons when I ride.  Oh well, maybe in a decade or two...

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 19:15:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Today's Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.