Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got me a Jardine (Read 4 times)
DHammer
Ex Member

Got me a Jardine
06/02/05 at 05:37:55

I backed away from the Screaming Eagle because of the price.  I gave up on the SuperTrapp because of it being on backorder.  I ended up with the Jardine.

The Jardine has a terrific sound and looks pretty good.  8) The performance boost I got was from 30 HP to 35 HP and an increase in tourque from about 37 to 43.  My K&N filter is on backorder but I'm expecting even better performance.

The only problem I have with the Jardine is that, even though I babied the thing all the way home (about 35 minute ride), it was already blueing/yellowing by the time I got home. :'(

Now after a couple of more rides, its well tarnished.

Has anyone tried one of those magic silverware cleaners for removing the tarnish?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Got me a Jardine
Reply #1 - 06/02/05 at 06:02:31

Might as well face the facts.  The engine creates heat, and heat usually discolors chromed pipes, so regardless of what you do they will show the coloration.

IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #2 - 06/02/05 at 07:10:52

Blue Job will get the tarnish off and help keep it off a little. I usually have to repolish every third ride or so. The Jardine is a cheap p.o.s, but it sounds great. I wish they would make it out of better material.

--Mark

http://bluejob.shop-utopia.com

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #3 - 06/02/05 at 22:32:10

got me a second one for the '02 - I'm not going to put it on unitl the jets and heat shield get here - be really interesting to see how fast it blues when the bike is not running lean

IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/03/05 at 05:00:52

Guess I am just lucky.  Have a little over 7,000 miles on the Jardine with no blueing and only on small spot turning gold where the Jardine connects to the header tube.  No blueing on the header tube either.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 06/03/05 at 13:54:10

did you up the main jet, cut the spacer, and richen the idle mixture about the same time?

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #6 - 06/03/05 at 14:36:19

red2k1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Guess I am just lucky.  Have a little over 7,000 miles on the Jardine with no blueing and only on small spot turning gold where the Jardine connects to the header tube.  No blueing on the header tube either.

You lucky dog.  The only muff that didn't blue on my Savage was the stock Sportster muff.  Even my Screamin'Eagle is showing some discoloration about mid-way thru (where the baffle is).  Lancer's right about the heat.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/03/05 at 16:24:04

Quote:
did you up the main jet, cut the spacer, and richen the idle mixture about the same time?

Yup, did it all at the same time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 10:54:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got me a Jardine

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.