Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Last Ride Before The Big Move (Read 3 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Last Ride Before The Big Move
05/30/05 at 12:20:15

Got my last ride in here in Pennsylvania before the move to Port Orange Florida. Slipped out this morning for a couple of hours riding the beautiful twisties around my house. Even though I promised my ol ball an chain that I would keep it at a mellow pace within a couple of miles I just had to jump all over the turns Cheesy. Felt good to work out the back roads, too early for any major traffic, got some good leaning in, just rode for the fun of it. darn the Savage is fun on the back roads!!!
 The movers are showing up tomorrow, loading the house, wife's car and the bikes. I'll follow along two days latter with my wife, two dogs and six parrots in a travel trailer. Looks like I'll be off line starting tonight for at least a week so wish me luck with the move. Ride Safe everybody. Ed L.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Last Ride Before The Big Move
Reply #1 - 05/30/05 at 13:06:29

We'll be fine.  You watch out for yourself on that trip.  Take breaks, don't push, take pictures.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 05/30/05 at 16:53:48

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Got my last ride in here in Pennsylvania before the move to Port Orange Florida. Slipped out this morning for a couple of hours riding the beautiful twisties around my house. Even though I promised my ol ball an chain that I would keep it at a mellow pace within a couple of miles I just had to jump all over the turns Cheesy. Felt good to work out the back roads, too early for any major traffic, got some good leaning in, just rode for the fun of it. darn the Savage is fun on the back roads!!!
 The movers are showing up tomorrow, loading the house, wife's car and the bikes. I'll follow along two days latter with my wife, two dogs and six parrots in a travel trailer. Looks like I'll be off line starting tonight for at least a week so wish me luck with the move. Ride Safe everybody. Ed L.

have fun, and shouldn't that title read
LAST MOVE BEFORE THE BIG RIDE.  ???

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage Beast
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Safety 1st..see
everything, & be
seen by everyone

Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - 05/30/05 at 17:43:22

All the best with the big move...Hope you enjoy Florida. I hear the keys make for great motorcycle riding, if you make it down there.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 05/30/05 at 20:43:15

Make sure you go for aride down route 1 to Freedom Fest...wish I'd gone when I lived on the Gulf Coast...
-WD

LOTS of pictures please.  Smiley

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 06/08/05 at 07:30:20

Well I'm a official resident of Florida, made it down over the weekend. Didn't do the long ride down on my '02, had the movers truck the bike down instead. Kind of wimped out but the time wasn't right for a ride of that length plus the ol ball an chain was completely against it. Got tags for the cages yesterday and the scoot tomorrow. Florida is way different from Pennsylvania when it comes to bikes, there is no safety inspection for cars or bikes and you don't need insurance on bikes if you wear a lid, think I'll like it here Grin. Still need to head back up north to pick up the shop. Ride Safe

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 21:20:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Last Ride Before The Big Move

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.