Trip Meter Ideas (Read 2806 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Trip Meter Ideas
Reply #60 - 05/27/14 at 21:36:42

I use the Dell 100 bicycle speedo.... you can set wheel size (I leave it at the 2124)... you can set it for Km or Miles per hour. It has a clock, two trip meters, odo and a couple other things I don't use Smiley

Cheap too, like $12 and easy to install... guess i'll make a video or take a couple of pics, I used a bigger magnet than came with it and glued it to the rim, put the pickup on the right side fork... it works very well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Sports-12-Function-Speedometer/15188326

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 06/04/14 at 10:49:32

old_rider wrote on 05/27/14 at 21:36:42:
I use the Dell 100 bicycle speedo.... you can set wheel size (I leave it at the 2124)... you can set it for Km or Miles per hour. It has a clock, two trip meters, odo and a couple other things I don't use Smiley

Cheap too, like $12 and easy to install... guess i'll make a video or take a couple of pics, I used a bigger magnet than came with it and glued it to the rim, put the pickup on the right side fork... it works very well.

+1, Old Rider (I am, too!) I did the same thing with the same $12 Bell bicycle computer (from Walmart) over a year ago, has been a a true blessing ever since. One thing, tho - right after I installed it, a big bug nailed it. No damage, but it came loose in the mount and zeroed the settings. Now it hides behind a tool bag. No more worries, but since it doesn't have a backlight, it's not much help at night.

IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Reply #62 - 06/12/14 at 03:51:52

yes, please make a video of how to install it.

IP Logged
NickGann

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 08/30/14 at 14:28:11

I have an Android phone (Moto X to be specific). An app named https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.binarytoys.speedometer&hl=en  is fantastic for many things including the trip odo.

I took a black 1" handlebar mountain biking phone mount and put it on the cycle and it holds the phone flawlessly and without vibration. I also installed a usb charger wired to the battery next to the mount and it douubles as a gps. The beauty of the Speedo app is that it syncs with google maps gps, and the important things like total mileage, trip odo, speed, etc can all be programmed to show up inside the gps app.

IP Logged
NegroniMoto
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 09/13/14 at 19:58:33

I have an iPhone and this works for me.

http://app.eatsleepride.com/

It give you all kind of info including "Crashlight". The "crashlight" is an add-on to alert 3 people you choose that you just went down on your bike.

IP Logged
Skof1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #65 - 03/16/15 at 09:11:10

05 Yamaha XVS650 XVS 650 V Star Midnight Custom speed speedometer gauge.
I have modified the bracket to this speedometer gauge so that it fits Savage petrol tank (follow the tank shape) then welded in 3 new bolts to lock gauge to the fuel tank. Need a longer speedometer wire when the original is too short.

Uten_navn1.png
  IP Logged
Skof1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #66 - 03/16/15 at 09:20:01

Trip Meter.

10949816_10152566283912109_1615882983_n.jpg
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #67 - 03/16/15 at 23:30:17

HAPPYDAN wrote on 06/04/14 at 10:49:32:
old_rider wrote on 05/27/14 at 21:36:42:

+1, Old Rider (I am, too!) I did the same thing with the same $12 Bell bicycle computer (from Walmart) over a year ago, has been a a true blessing ever since. One thing, tho - right after I installed it, a big bug nailed it. No damage, but it came loose in the mount and zeroed the settings. Now it hides behind a tool bag. No more worries, but since it doesn't have a backlight, it's not much help at night.

Here is my thread on it.....with video

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1426148407

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #68 - 03/17/15 at 18:14:46

I didn't even bother with the stock magnet. I just stuck a stack of small neodymium magnets to the inside of the wheel. They're not even glued. The magnetic attraction just holds it to the wheel. They've been that way since ~June/July of last year with no problems.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 02:10:27

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Trip Meter Ideas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.