Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Trip Meter Ideas (Read 2806 times)
millerjag
Ex Member

Re: Trip Meter Ideas
Reply #30 - 11/07/06 at 11:31:30

ND,
   Where did you attach the sensor.  On my wifes 02 Savage the fork is too close to the brake disk.  There is no clearance for the sensor, let alone adding the magnet to it???

IP Logged
ND
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 11/07/06 at 12:28:09

I mounted the sensor on the other side of the bike. It's on the inside right (as sitting on the bike) fork about 3/4 inch from the axle. I mounted the magnet on the spoke hub. I used a putty epoxy called Quicksteel (from Wal-Mart). This stuff hardens in about five minutes. The sensor must be close to the magnet. I mounted mine real close and made my space adjustment by sanding the magnet down a bit. This little speedo is very accurate if you key in the right ratio by determining the diameter of your front wheel per instructions.

IP Logged
TheFid

WE Come Unclean.

U.K.  Morecambe
Reply #32 - 12/09/06 at 23:35:25

I manufactured a small bracket in aluminium and fixed a SIGMA906 to it using epoxy.I then fitted the bracket to the front mudguard support on the right hand side.The magnet (Sigma large size, ordered seperately) i fixed to the spoke. Tis works perfectly well, and is very neat.

Take it easy.but TAKE IT.
Man does not cease to ride because he gets old,Man gets old because he ceases to RIDE.
  IP Logged
TheFid

WE Come Unclean.

U.K.  Morecambe
Reply #33 - 12/10/06 at 05:29:16

[img][/img]

Man does not cease to ride because he gets old,Man gets old because he ceases to RIDE.
  IP Logged
TheFid

WE Come Unclean.

U.K.  Morecambe
Reply #34 - 12/10/06 at 05:30:33

[img][/img]

IP Logged
TheFid

WE Come Unclean.

U.K.  Morecambe
Reply #35 - 12/10/06 at 05:33:13

[img][/img]

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/20Re: Trip Meter Ideas
Reply #36 - 06/23/07 at 14:17:02

Same thing different take. Made a Z shape aluminum bracket, popriveted pickup. Notice tiny earthmagnet ($2 from Radio Shack) on brake disc. It's very powerfull NO need to glue

Wire was not long enough to reach handlebars so I mounted (Velcro-ed) the unit on Suzuki badge on upper tripple-clamp. Easy Wheel removel possible.

« Last Edit: 04/21/08 at 15:00:35 by vtail »  

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
PhotoProf

Only the mediocre
are always at their
best!

Reply #37 - 06/28/07 at 05:40:26

I just installed a Sigma BC906 bike computer on my S40 and it seems to work well. By placing the sensor inside the left fender mount, I was able to use a small bar magnet on the wheel rim and get proper alignment.

IP Logged
Oldfeller2

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #38 - 06/28/07 at 14:00:41

Yea!   He's my man -- he didn't have to extend his wires or mess with his unit a bunch.   No custom brackets.   No ugly stuff hanging off spokes.

Classic easy do.   Sigma 506 for me, has all the features anyone needs and it only cost $15.

Oldfeller

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #39 - 04/17/08 at 03:23:52

Supermagnets cling pretty good, but to make sure they don't go anywhere I let them get their initial grip through a little bit of clear glue.  

The magnet won't go anywhere because all the spin centrifugal forces are "down" making it seat better and better the faster you go.

People who go all the way down to the rotor are making the task MUCH harder than it needs to be.  Simply put the sensor on the inside of the fender bracket about equal to the top side of the rim and put one of these on the top of the rim.  It will reach way out from the rim magnetically, easily bridging the air gap to the sensor mounted on the fender.    

(these babies can also double as balance weights -- have you priced any spoke balance weights lately -- amazing ain't it?  Makes the magnets look cheap at 80 cents each)

http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?products_id=346

« Last Edit: 04/17/08 at 06:01:53 by Savage_Rob »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #40 - 04/17/08 at 07:12:28

No brackets. Glued the sensorholder to the brake and the magnet to the brakedisk ( just to make sure it stays).
Still on for 3 years, replace the battery las year.

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #41 - 04/20/08 at 11:00:04

I got a cheap Schwinn comp from a local Mega Lo Mart under $20 only drawback so far is you can't see it at night.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #42 - 03/06/11 at 04:36:54

Mabey a sight tube?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 05/22/12 at 14:24:57

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/17/08 at 03:23:52:
Supermagnets cling pretty good, but to make sure they don't go anywhere I let them get their initial grip through a little bit of clear glue.  

The magnet won't go anywhere because all the spin centrifugal forces are "down" making it seat better and better the faster you go.

People who go all the way down to the rotor are making the task MUCH harder than it needs to be.  Simply put the sensor on the inside of the fender bracket about equal to the top side of the rim and put one of these on the top of the rim.  It will reach way out from the rim magnetically, easily bridging the air gap to the sensor mounted on the fender.    

(these babies can also double as balance weights -- have you priced any spoke balance weights lately -- amazing ain't it?  Makes the magnets look cheap at 80 cents each)

http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?products_id=346

http://www.supermagnetman.net/images/rect0755.gif

Oldfeller, I'm in the process of installing a Sigma and "think" I understand where the unit is to be installed.  Where I'm confused has to do with the magnet and it's actual location.  If I'm understanding correctly, the larger high powered magnet is placed on the rim between the spoke(s) and the edge of the rim.  Due to the strength of the magnet, it's not necessary to get the magnet and the sending unit within 5mm of each other as the instructions say.  Further, if I'm tracking this correctly, there is absolutely no need to attach the spoke magnet that came with everything else in the Sigma box.  As usual, my choice is to turn a 1 hr job into at least 8 hrs with the option to extend it to 12hrs or longer.  Thanks in advance for your response.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #44 - 05/23/12 at 11:26:01

It is more money - but I will be investigating this from VaporTech. Not only can you adjust the mph to correct for changing over to sprockets and chain - it also can do the following:

Speedometer:
Current Speed
Maximum Speed
Selectable MPH/KMH Display

Tachometer:
Real-Time RPM Bar Graph
Numeric RPM Readout
Dual Programmable Shift Lights
Up to 20,000 RPM

Temperature:
Ambient Temperature
Engine Temperature
Dual Programmable Temp Lights
Exact Model Fit Temperature Sensors
Selectable °F/°C Display

Distance:
Adjustable Distance
Permanent Odometer
Selectable Mile/Kilometer Display

Clock:
Hour Meter
Stop Watch
Ride Time
Accumulated Ride Time
permanent Hour Meter
Selectable 12/24 Hour Display

Here is the link to their website:
http://trailtech.net/vapor.html

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 00:22:03

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Trip Meter Ideas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.