Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Change Speedometer?
Reply #15 - 05/30/05 at 00:44:56

@jennifrb
I used a 2 component epoxy glue for the attachment of the sender bracket. Sits there for over 1 year now.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
AnnB
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/30/05 at 02:15:28

Roll Eyes Well, got my computer on and after a little tweeking it works great.  Because they changed the handlebars (the S40 bars are the drag bars) the positioning of the sender was a bit higher up than yours.  It is very accurate though and I love that it gives max speed for your ride.
Thanks for all the help
Ann Kiss

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Reply #17 - 05/30/05 at 05:42:49

AnnB wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Roll Eyes Well, got my computer on and after a little tweeking it works great.  Because they changed the handlebars (the S40 bars are the drag bars) the positioning of the sender was a bit higher up than yours.  It is very accurate though and I love that it gives max speed for your ride.
Thanks for all the help
Ann Kiss

Glad to be of help. Roll Eyes
Pictures please.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #18 - 07/05/05 at 14:25:43

i went the low tech route. i purchased a 4 digit luggage lock. cut off the loop, the attached it to the handlebar and brake  assembly.  i just set it each time i fuel up or leave it set for longer trips..   cost, 1.99 set up time 5 minutes.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Trip Meter Ideas
Reply #19 - 07/05/05 at 14:38:39

Some folks even write the last 2 digits of the mileage at fill-up on the speedo with a grease pencil.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #20 - 07/05/05 at 16:05:36

I've use my cell phone to take a quick picture of the ODO.  
It's only a glance away.  Not so good for metering gas stops but fine for remembering digits for mileage calc.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
John Anderson

Reply #21 - 07/06/05 at 17:39:06

I found the that a china marker works great. At fill up just add 120 and mark it on the kill switch

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #22 - 09/30/05 at 03:47:15

I too use the luggage lock method and have been doing so for the past 3 Riding seasons ... find it works great!
But have to say that Sigma computer intrigues me ...
Just wish that those 'Zuki engineers would hang out here onnce and awhile and take some notes!! I'm sure a revised speedo with a proper trip meter for the LS shouldn't be all that difficult!!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
wingdwolf56
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/17/05 at 12:44:25

AnnB wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Thanks for all the help
Ann Kiss

Ann,
what number did you enter for WS and I can see where Kropatchek mounted the sending unit but I can't tell where the magnet is mounted. I guess no one put it on the spoke like the directions?

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Reply #24 - 10/18/05 at 03:47:58

wingdwolf56 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I can see where Kropatchek mounted the sending unit but I can't tell where the magnet is mounted. I guess no one put it on the spoke like the directions?

The magnet is the little round washer next to the attachment bolt of the brakedisk.
Its very strong magnetic and hold in place by the magnetism and a little dab of epoxy glue. The magnet is that strong that it allows you to increase the distance to the pick-up unit.

Hope this clarifies a bit

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

IP Logged
dubb-1b
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 11/13/05 at 16:27:18

I used the bc500 model with a magnet on the brake disk and the pickup on the brake caliper. It works really well and is about 1 mph or so off from the factory speedo. Overall a good investment for 25$ new.

IP Logged
magicfairy
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 11/28/05 at 21:38:28

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I too use the luggage lock method and have been doing so for the past 3 Riding seasons ... find it works great!
But have to say that Sigma computer intrigues me ...
Just wish that those 'Zuki engineers would hang out here onnce and awhile and take some notes!! I'm sure a revised speedo with a proper trip meter for the LS shouldn't be all that difficult!!

I saw the luggage lock idea here and tried it myself a month ago on my new S-40.
Works really well, very easy to fit (but I did have to hunt around for a 4 digit lock, most were 3 digit) and it only takes few seconds to work out how many kms I did since the last fill up. What surprised me was none of the sales guys in the local bike shop had heard of doing this, and were very impressed with the simplicity of the solution.

IP Logged
millerjag
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 11/06/06 at 11:15:41

The bicycle trip meter is a great idea.  I have researched the Sigma and the Cateye.  Sigma goes to 199 mph and Cateye to 185 mph.  Would it be ok to get the wireless version instead of wired???

IP Logged
ND
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 11/06/06 at 14:44:08

I tried an "Ascent" brand wireless and it wouldn't work right. Bought a wired one at Wal-Mart and it works very well. About ten bucks. I bought a larger round magnet from Lowe's and used quick setting epoxy.

IP Logged
millerjag
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 11/06/06 at 14:54:53

Great advice.  Thanks.  I will get the Walmart one and give it a try!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 02:10:08

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Trip Meter Ideas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.