Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
"Fake" Colors??
05/10/05 at 15:25:30

8)Hi everyone!
Got a peculiar question and I'd like the opinion of some of my American friends here at suzukisavage.com on the subject ...
Concerns "colors" of the type that 1% m/c Clubs wear on their jackets or cut-offs. First off, let me say that here in Newfoundland there are no 1% Clubs ... a few Riding Clubs, but no "outlaw" motorcycle gangs (nearest H.A. chapter is in Halifax, Nova Scotia). Anyhoo, a few years ago, for a bit of fun, I cut the sleeves off of an old Levis jean jacket and painted some fake "colors" on the back in honor of the bunch from my neighbourhood who sometime Ride together ... looks similar to a typical 3-piece patch ... top "scroll" rocker; white with red letters spelling the name of my street, bottom rocker white/red with name of our town and a center "shield"; white with red outline and drawing of motorcycle topped with CCRA (initials of our street Riding Association) in big black letters in the middle. This is just for fun, and I've worn it only a couple of times on Toys for Tots runs and the like. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself! Most who see it get a laugh out of it, although a "stereotypical" Harley rider once got kinda snotty with me when he saw it ... though he was 3 times my puny size, I told him to grow up and not take things so serious and that the "patch" was just for a bit of fun (isn't that what m/c Riding is supposed to be about?).
Would such a fake painted on patch find me trouble in the States or Provinces with actual 1% Clubs? What are you all opinions on this?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: "Fake" Colors??
Reply #1 - 05/10/05 at 20:24:03

I think the 1%'ers are closer to 0.01% of all bikers.

I've picked up the paint, I still working on the design.

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 05/10/05 at 23:07:28

If you go red letters on white rockers, red letters on yellow rockers, or black letters on white rockers...be ready for a butt kicking. Those are reserved schemes, in order: Hell's Angels, Banditos, Outlaws. And their approved subservient/affiliated clubs.

Support your local Big Red One.  Wink
-WD

For those who don't "get" Big Red One, or the number 81 on a street bike, they are Angels symbols. Be careful. Most are the best true bikers you could ever meet, but, some make Charles Manson look like a neophyte Cub Scout.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #3 - 05/11/05 at 07:01:37

Sorry for my ignorance, pals, but does WD refer to "rockers" as in "valve rockers" or something like that?
I just cann't get the picture, sorry.

RW

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 05/11/05 at 08:13:16

Red letters on white rockers -- the rockers are the curved white areas that the red letters are on.

WWW   IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #5 - 05/11/05 at 13:32:14

i belong to a social riding club. all we do is ride to places and eat. (i'm actually thinking of exiting cuz i just don't have time to socialize AND ride my bike.)
but for the safety of the many lone women riders in this riding club, the leader of the local chapter felt compelled to join a bandido sponsored "organization" known as the COC. confederation of clubs.

you have to be very careful what you wear, and where you wear it. learn the rules and stay safe.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #6 - 05/11/05 at 13:34:51

There is actually meaning to one, two or three piece patches.  

http://home.earthlink.net/~rcvsmc-edu/id26.html

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 05/11/05 at 16:25:32

Thanks for the insight folks ... as stated my painted "patch" is totally fake, only vaguely resembles the H.A. 3-piece that Paladin posted above and doesn't carry the "MC" tag at all ...
Doubt if there's much to worry about around here, as I've said, there are no outlaw clubs in Nfld.
Being a northeast "Bayman" (same as "Hick"), I find it very curious that in the States and parts of mainland Canada, motorcycle clubs make such a fuss over pieces of coloured cloth sewn onto a beat-up old denim vest ... maybe I'm just naive ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Reply #8 - 05/11/05 at 17:56:51

I know Disciples, Angels, Red Emeralds even Hampsters and one thing I would suggest is to not make fun of anyone's colors by wearing any kind of fake colors. People around here (Massachusetts) take that kinda stuff real serious and even if you're joking, try explaining that to a bunch of drunk bikers in a bar. Just my insite on the whole thing  Wink

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 05/11/05 at 21:42:16

Perry, the fuss is because of how the patch is earned. Membership isn't  given away, by any means. The process can take several years for clubs like the Hamsters, which has membership exclusively for those in the high money end of the custom HD business. Think Arlen Ness or Dave Perewitz caliber customizers. The "outlaw" clubs are even tougher to "probate" into.

Disrespecting a patch-holder's colors is a capitol offense. Wearing the "wrong" patch in the "wrong" territory is also a capitol offense. And it usually ends up meaning beat to death at a "stomping party", where you are worked over with steel toed logging boots and HD primary chains.

If you want to ride stateside, leave the "colors" in the closet where they belong. Some COUNTIES are multi-club, and there are no "Now entering thus and such territory" signs.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #10 - 05/12/05 at 00:47:33

8)Points taken Frost & WD ... wouldn't be caught dead Ridin' with my fake cut-off in the States or in mainland Canada for that matter ... in fact, I don't make a habit of Ridin' with it generally, as I'm not the type who likes to draw attention ... I prefer to observe from the sidelines! Have only worn it Riding twice ... once at a local Toy Run, and one other time when I got the afore-mentioned snotty remark from the Hawg Guy ... the cut-off is mainly decoration hangin' in my shed ...

WWW   IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #11 - 05/12/05 at 01:21:47

I don't understand the problem, like you said Halifax is a days ride away, like in another time zone right and the U.S. is like another days ride and time zone to the Maine border from Halifax?
Besides you can start your own local club and have your own colors.
It is not like you copied/counterfeited some other clubs colors, but they are original right? (problem lies in your term "fake") If you have a local club and ride together, wear your colors.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #12 - 05/12/05 at 01:59:05

Hi 650 ... yeah, both Halifax and Maine are 2-3 saddle-days from here (St. John's) with a connecting ferry to Nova Scotia from either Port Aux Basques, or Argentia during Summer ...
There are several Riding Clubs in Nfld., all with their own single-piece patch ... Newfound Riders are one that I know of and Northern Stars is another ... I'm not a member of any Riding Club ... not much of a "joiner" really ...
My original questions re; the fake "patch" I have is based on a pals comment, when he saw it hangin' in my shed, "You'd get a beating if you wore that Ridin' in an area that had real motorcycle gangs." My reply to him was, "You can't be serious?" ... just curious is all ...

WWW   IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #13 - 05/12/05 at 08:24:41

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
http://www.hamcrnv.org/HAmainlogo.jpg
Red letters on white rockers -- the rockers are the curved white areas that the red letters are on.

thanks Paladin,
I got the picture now...

I'd better keep my own riding colors.... full black....

RW

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #14 - 05/13/05 at 02:58:15

PdS, I never rode very far east out of New Glasgow, I figured the ferry ran all year since it was Hwy 1.
I checked the Hells Angels charter list and no hits for "Halifax", "Nova Scotia" , "Newfoundland", or "Labrador".
http://www.hells-angels.com/charters.htm
and check the, the Hells Angels FAQ:
http://www.hells-angels.com/faq.htm

I have not seen your design.
They don't seem to have a problem just be sure, it's original.
"HELLS ANGELS and the Death head logo are trademarks owned by the Hells Angels Motorcycle Corporation. Reprint or other use is prohibited", don't infringe on their  "logo", man.  8)

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Hi 650 ... yeah, both Halifax and Maine are 2-3 saddle-days from here (St. John's) with a connecting ferry to Nova Scotia from either Port Aux Basques, or Argentia during Summer ...
There are several Riding Clubs in Nfld., all with their own single-piece patch ... Newfound Riders are one that I know of and Northern Stars is another ... I'm not a member of any Riding Club ... not much of a "joiner" really ...
My original questions re; the fake "patch" I have is based on a pals comment, when he saw it hangin' in my shed, "You'd get a beating if you wore that Ridin' in an area that had real motorcycle gangs." My reply to him was, "You can't be serious?" ... just curious is all ...

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:22:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › "Fake" Colors??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.