Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signal dilema... (Read 3 times)
cain9580
Ex Member

Turn signal dilema...
04/19/05 at 21:11:07

I have been blowing up these forums for information the last few days, but couldnt find anything on these.  

I just bought some new turn signals and was wondering if I would need an adapter to fit them onto the bike.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY...

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Turn signal dilema...
Reply #1 - 04/19/05 at 22:38:13

your question is quite broad, therefore difficult to answere.  
do you intend to replace the existing signals.
if you do intend to replace signals the mounting bolts don't look long enough to pass through both the frame rails and fender.  

if you intend to add them in addtion there would be several possible methods, all would require some bracket fabrication.

the lights do look pretty good. get back to us for more details.  

sluggo.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 04/19/05 at 22:58:40

If you want to use those as rear turn signals, you WILL have to delete rear rails and sissy bar if you have a Savage instead of an S40. The mounting lugs are generally "universal" SAE thread, the site may say Savage lights, trust me, they'll end up being generic HD spec. Don't be surprised if you need to lengthen the wires  from the lamp to the chassis harness.

The bullet lights have a tendency to disappear during the daylight. They're pretty small, and tucked in tight to the fender. Of course, since the whole bike is invisible...

I run Custom Chrome HD rear bullets on mine. Double element bulbs so I can have 3 brake lights. Now if I could just read a wiring diagram...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
cain9580
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/20/05 at 05:04:37

I plan on replacing the stock turn signals with those.  I didnt figure the bolts would be long enough so I was thinking of ordering a pair of these.  

http://secure.cycleaccessoriesoutlet.com/str/customer/product.php?productid=1...

Unfortunately I cant tell if these stems would work with the lights I just ordered.  No way to really tell until I get them here.

I will post up a picture when I get them mounted.

Or these but they are rather expensive...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=48&manufa...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 19:25:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signal dilema...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.