Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PICS of billet wheels on a Savage? (Read 9 times)
rkutzner
Ex Member

PICS of billet wheels on a Savage?
04/07/05 at 09:41:41

Don't get me wrong, I think my 05 is darn near perfect......but I can't help but wonder how nice a set of billet rims might look on a Savage.  Can't seem to find any pics on a stocker on this site, anyone have pics?

Guess I've never been a spoke fan..... Undecided

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: PICS of billet wheels on a Savage?
Reply #1 - 04/07/05 at 10:02:52

I have the same feeling in this regard.  I would love to get a set of wheels on my Savage.   Since $$ are a consideration the wheels will have to wait a while.  I just recently picked up a pair of Progressive 440 shocks and as soon as the rain stops they will be finding their way onto my bike...followed by Ceriani forks on the front end which will replace the stock Suzuki unit.  The stock forks are OK but they just can't match the Ceriani's  suspension control and handling.  
It has taken me quit a while to find the suspension items I wanted, at the price I wanted, but the wait was worth it.  When the transformation is complete my Savage will handle like a totally different bike.

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #2 - 04/07/05 at 12:06:15

Hi Lancer,
just want to ask you the price of those new forks, I might need to change them due to the Stop-Go-Crash incident I had a week ago, if my stock forks are proven to be bent. Sad

And make sure you take pictures of the complete process, so we can copy your ideas..   Grin

Take care,

RW

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 04/07/05 at 13:04:46

Red_Wine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Hi Lancer,
just want to ask you the price of those new forks, I might need to change them due to the Stop-Go-Crash incident I had a week ago, if my stock forks are proven to be bent. Sad

And make sure you take pictures of the complete process, so we can copy your ideas..   Grin

Take care,

RW

i got the whole front end off my gn400 may well be the same stuff.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/07/05 at 17:12:31

I'd like to see those pics AND hear about the difference the shocks make  Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 04/07/05 at 17:17:35

The Ceriani forks I have were purchased on Ebay for a rediculasly low price.  They came from a bike shop down in Mississippi I think... had been on a back shelf for MANY YEARS ...an older out of date model...and no bikes that they wanted to put it on.  It had chipped paint and such but the tubes were perfect and the paint can be repainted.  I paid $75 plus shp.  If you look at a new set of Ceriani forks on their website they start at $1800-2000.  So I think you can understand that I waited almost 2 years while watching Ebay for the product I wanted at the price I wanted.  
I did the same thing for the shocks too.  I have watched Ebay for a year of more looking for the Progressive shocks.  I found the 440 model shocks and got those for $25 plus shp.  These are a current model shock and retail for over $400.
I am an Ebay fan, to be sure.  Everything I buy on Ebay is at least 75% or more off retail.
I will take some before and after pics.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 18:40:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › PICS of billet wheels on a Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.