Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Progressive Direct Insurance scam (Read 13 times)
savagethumper
Ex Member

Progressive Direct Insurance scam
04/06/05 at 14:23:39

Do any of you have bike insurance thru Progressive Direct?  I purchased a new policy in Februaury, and paid for it over the phone with my credit card.  Weeks later, when I still hadn't recieved any cards, I was told to supply more info, or they would charge me $24 more.  This was not required when I purchased the policy, or when I signed the papers a few days later.  I'm still disputing this after almost 2 months, and they still have my money, and I still don't have any cards.  I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Florida.  After complaining about this to various people, I found out that Progressive, "not sending" cards is very common.  My wife is a postal employee, and I get my mail.  My mail doesn't get lost in delivery, because I get it from the office.  They claimed it must have been lost in the mail.  Odd, that all their bills get to me just fine.  Anyway, bikers beware.  I know it's $24 bucks, but it's my $24.  Hell I can't get my bike inspected till I get my freakin' cards.  And it's due this month. Angry

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Progressive Direct Insurance scam
Reply #1 - 04/06/05 at 16:54:15

best I remember I could print the id card from the website and the mailed ones came in maybe 3 weeks....

IP Logged
RG
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/06/05 at 17:48:29

I have Progressive and have never had any problems with them.  I also printed a card off the internet and got mine a few weeks later.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #3 - 04/06/05 at 18:40:26

My cards from Progressive arrived as promised.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/06/05 at 18:49:14

no problems here just 265 a year

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 04/06/05 at 19:12:36

I've had no problems whatsoever.  I printed the card from the site and they mailed the rest out to me - including one of those little keychain cards.  I've actually had very prompt replies both via email and phone from them.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/07/05 at 05:51:35

No problems here.  They've been great.  Everything on-time and as promised.  I agree with the web-site idea.  I think you can print a card from there.

IP Logged
za16866
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/07/05 at 07:26:09

i agree..  i have all of my vehicles insured thru them... and..  i just print the cards from the internet site.. and surely enough..  i get them in the mail not long after..

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #8 - 04/07/05 at 07:37:13

I don't know what You guys pay per year , but the biggest of my bikes- Suzuki GSX1100G costs me $47 for 6 mths with AllState /liability only of course/. My small 400cc bike is $17.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/07/05 at 07:53:12

I'm paying about $90/year through Progressive....full coverage on a 2005.  I am 40, though, I'm sure age has a LOT to do with it.

Never had a problem with Progressive....

IP Logged
za16866
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/07/05 at 09:16:30

i  pay $120.00 total  a year for both of my bikes..  a kaw vulcan and a 2000 savage...  full coverage...  i am 40 as well...  which does have a bunch to do with it...  no tickets or accidents help out a lot too...  

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/07/05 at 16:26:08

Well remember cost is somewhat state specific...

I pay 119 a year for four bikes. Just liability and the SC required uninsured motorist. But the base one on there always vary by what they consider the most hard to replace one. Often its one of the Vespa's even though their value might be technicaly less than the Savage or the Virago. I never bother with the online thing. Mainly because most of these oddball Vespa's are not in the ratings system. I have to call anyway. So I just do. Add one and drop one.

Always got my cards quickly. Several keychain cards (one each year at annual renewal) and the paper ones as well were there within a week. And in every case I had them Fax me a temporary card when I added a bike and that arrived within the hour.

My cars are with Nationwide. There cards are just paper slips too. Never a keychain...  Embarrassed

IP Logged
dssaak
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/08/05 at 09:09:52

I am insuring (2) newer savages with full coverage and (2) older Hondas with just liability.  Progressive gave me a yearly price of $187.  

Again, I am a little older and my wife recently took the safety course.

dk

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #13 - 04/08/05 at 09:44:27

Is Progressive Direct the same as Progressive? I insured my first bike with Progressive over the phone, printed out cards immediately, then insured two more with local Progressive agent, added kids to policies and made changes, got cards by fax that day. You may be dealing with a "sounds like" company.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #14 - 04/09/05 at 13:51:59

I went online and requested cards from Progressive about 2 weeks ago.
I had already printed them, cut them to size and stuffed them in my helmets when I renewed.
I wanted something rain/sweat-proof.
They sent a credit size blank card and a smaller keychain-like-Kroger's card, both w/ blank white-out on it where your number should be and you have to write the policy number on it, sorta cheesy, waste of time and postage, I thought.  Sad
I can barely read it.
What will it be like in a month?  ???

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 10:28:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Progressive Direct Insurance scam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.