Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Insurance Cost (Read 75 times)
dssaak
Ex Member

Insurance Cost
04/03/05 at 18:27:51

I am about to put the two 'new' Savages on the road here in upstate NY.  I wanted to get coverage beyond liability.

Who do you use for Insurance and what are the going rates?

Thanks,

dk

IP Logged
RG
Ex Member

Re: Insurance Cost
Reply #1 - 04/03/05 at 19:07:44

I'm in Idaho.  I use Progressive and it only costs me $180 a year.

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #2 - 04/03/05 at 19:53:23

RG wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I'm in Idaho.  I use Progressive and it only costs me $180 a year.

Progressive, $120/yr, Texas, for one bike.  I'm about to insure my YZF with them as well, I can clue you in if there's a discount for >1 bike.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 04/04/05 at 01:26:47

Progressive, $75 for the year, for all three people in the house. However, that included a multi-vehicle discount. Amazing, my 1969 truck is $85 a month, my 1998, custom motorcycle was $75 for the year...just doesn't seem right somehow. Oh well, since it's not currently covered (hasn't been since 2001), it will probably be higher IF I insure it. Yes, IF, not when. Very low priority right now.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Michael

Reply #4 - 04/04/05 at 02:34:48

Hey all

Here in New Brunswick Canada we are being made Insurance poor, in whatever it be....cars...motorcycle...homeowners ....   etc...

The government has steped in and is supposedly going to regulate it, but I have yet to see any difference.

I pay $450 per year for my bike Insurance for
LIABILITY ONLY....  This being accident free, with never a claim on any vehicle I own.  If I wanted full coverage, I was quoted an average of $900 to $1200 per year.

My homeowners Insurance is almost $800 per year, on a Modest middle class dwelling, appraised at 80 thousand, plus contents....Also with never a claim drawn.

With the price of Gas at almost $4 per gallon.....Insurance being so high....and regular maintainence...It's darn good thing I love to ride.

Anyone got a spare green card?    Wink     LOL

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 04/04/05 at 02:48:18

Hey, you can move here alot more easily than we can move there. I could move back to Spain with less red-tape than going 3 hours north into BC. Do Canadians even need a green card to move stateside?

Insurance is stupidly priced everywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line. MS and TN, it was cheap. I found the last Progressive quote from after I moved to WA state. $237 a year, full coverage is all that is available. Last time I checked, it wasn't required here, but as bad as local traffic is (they run into motorcycle cops out here) I'll probably go for it sooner or later. Bike needs to be back in one piece first...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #6 - 04/04/05 at 03:49:54

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Progressive, $75 for the year, for all three people in the house. However, that included a multi-vehicle discount. Amazing, my 1969 truck is $85 a month, my 1998, custom motorcycle was $75 for the year...just doesn't seem right somehow. Oh well, since it's not currently covered (hasn't been since 2001), it will probably be higher IF I insure it. Yes, IF, not when. Very low priority right now.
-WD

Hagerty will insure a classic car pretty cheap.  My 64 Impala and 65 Buick are $95 per year (each) for full comprehensive coverage.  Of course, that's for cars that are not driven every day.

Now that I'm up to 4 running cars and 3 running bikes, nothing gets driven every day any more.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Reply #7 - 04/04/05 at 04:58:50

I am in Mid-Hudson Valley, NY, I too use Progressive (no complaints though). No other carrier seems to cover bikes in my area, though I now understand I could go with Geico as well. I am paying about $120.

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #8 - 04/04/05 at 06:17:46

I'm using Progressive for coverage on two bikes and it is costing about $350 per year. I've got some hospitalization coverage and the minimum liability needed.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #9 - 04/04/05 at 07:21:13

i know this is no help to you but i thought i'd show you how us brits are being ripped off yet again  Angry

i pay £173 a year for my 96 savage

173.00 GBP    =   324.071 USD

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
Michael

Reply #10 - 04/04/05 at 09:45:41

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Hey, you can move here alot more easily than we can move there. I could move back to Spain with less red-tape than going 3 hours north into BC. Do Canadians even need a green card to move stateside?

-WD

TO BECOME A CANADIAN CITIZEN

You must be 18 years or older
You must have lived here for at least three years.
You must know English or French.

You must learn about Canada.
You must know the rights and responsibilities of Canadians, such as the right to vote. You must also know some things about Canada’s history and geography, and our political system. When we receive your application, we will send you an acknowledgment letter as well as a copy of our free publication, A Look at Canada. You will have to answer questions on the information in this publication when you go for your citizenship test

Who cannot become a Canadian citizen?
You cannot become a Canadian citizen if

you are in prison, on parole or on probation;
in the past four years, you were in prison, on parole or on probation for a year or more;
you were convicted of an indictable offence or crime, or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the three years preceding your application;
you are currently charged with an indictable offence or crime, or an offence under the Citizenship Act;
you are under a removal order and are not currently allowed to be in Canada;
you are under investigation for a war crime or a crime against humanity; or
your Canadian citizenship has been taken away (revoked) in the past five years.

TO BECOME AN AMERICAN CITIZEN

1.  Are at least 18 years old and a lawful permanent resident ("green card" holder);
   2.  Have resided continuously in the United States, having been lawfully admitted for permanent residence, for five years immediately preceding the date you filed your application for naturalization, or
   3.  Have, after having been removed from conditional permanent resident status, based upon your marriage to a U.S. citizen, having resided in the United States for one year after the date the condition was removed;
   4.  Have resided continuously in the United States at all times after your application to the time and date of your admission for citizenship;
   5.  Have, during all periods of time referred to above, been and still are a person of good moral character;
   6.  Have no outstanding deportation or removal order and no pending deportation or removal proceeding;
   7.  Have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand simple words and phrases in English;
   8.  Have knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of U.S. history and government;
   9.  Are attached to, and can support, the principles of the U.S. Constitution and can swear allegiance to the United States.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #11 - 04/04/05 at 10:55:40

I am w/ Progressive since I got the Savage.
They were better than State Farm at about $145

Got the limited 9 month deal, where you don't ride Dec Jan Feb, but you still get Comp. I checked w/ Geico and they came in around $100 for 12 months and better coverage ( forget the terms now), but they found an old speeding ticket and said would have to wait 6 months and their rate was then quoted higher than Progressive. So wll have to wait 5 months to get the cheaper Geico rate when the ticket is no longer a factor for them.

dssaak wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I am about to put the two 'new' Savages on the road here in upstate NY.  I wanted to get coverage beyond liability.

Who do you use for Insurance and what are the going rates?

Thanks,

dk

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/04/05 at 12:56:27

I've got Progressive too...I opted for just liability and uninsured motorist coverage, but the comprehensive and collision wasn't THAT expensive.  My current coverage is about $120 a year.  If you're financing the new bikes, you'll have to opt for the comprehensive and collision.  I'm actually thinking about switching my auto coverage to Progressive.  

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #13 - 04/04/05 at 20:26:57

Yup, Progressive here too... and it's a snap to do it on the web too.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 04/04/05 at 23:01:40

Progressive.....$300/yr........seems there were some records on file from a couple years back...something about the rest of the traffic going too slow which made me look like I was going faster....or so they said.
Currently looking for a better deal.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 06:29:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Insurance Cost

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.