Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back in the Saddle Again..... (Read 2 times)
Trump2Thump
YaBB Newbies

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Space Coast of Florida
Back in the Saddle Again.....
03/22/05 at 17:23:36

I just moved to Central Florida after a brutal and, thankfully, FINAL New England winter in the beautiful town of Fairhaven on the South Coast of Massachusetts.... I had a 72 Triumph Daytona sitting in storage that I hadn't ridden in about 7 years as dad was my mechanic and he's down here in the SUNSHINE state so I put an ad on CraigsList Boston looking for a more practical ride I'd feel comfortable cruising to Daytona, Key West, you get the picture..... I got several offers for trade, but after reading this board for a few weeks and seeing the total passion you all (I'm a yankee at heart, never gonna say y'all) have for the Thumper i did an even trade for a Burgundy 1988 Savage with 7,200 miles..... loaded her with Forward Air in Boston yesterday and picking her up on Wednesday in Orlando.... then I'm gonna get my motor runnin' and head out on the highway year round...... no more watching Easy Rider all winter and wishing for spring for me 8) ..... I absolutely adored my Trumper but I know I'm gonna love my new Thumper..... I'm in Central Florida so anyone in the Space Coast/Orlando/Daytona area that wants to ride or can turn me onto a Central Florida riding club send me an e-mail...... I've got pics of both, but I have no idea how to post them since I'm a Mac guy in a PC world so if someone tells me how I will...... and I found a used Clymer repair manual online for $7.50 so the planets are aligned...... in a word, WOOOHOOO!!!!!

I'm livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.....
islandcat88   IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Re: Back in the Saddle Again.....
Reply #1 - 03/22/05 at 17:26:28

I love the South.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 03/22/05 at 17:32:53

attach the picture to an e-mail to ls650savage@sbcglobal.net.  Or FTP anonymously to ftp://ftp.andruschak.net.  

Welcome to the sunny side.

WWW   IP Logged
Trump2Thump
YaBB Newbies

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Space Coast of Florida
And I met Evel Knievel my first day here.....
Reply #3 - 03/22/05 at 17:38:27

I met the KING at a Harley dealership in Clearwater right before a Jimmy Buffett show in Tampa on my first day in Florida...... I actually got to shake his hand and personally thank him for giving me a red blooded American Hero to make my childhood a little more bearable..... kids today think they have heros with football players that get tackled by 300 pound linebackers, but Evel hit the pavement at 70 miles an hour and had a ton of cold steel crush his spine...... then he'd do it all again a few months later...... we'd look forward to a 10 second jump on ABC's Wide World of Sports for months...... the agony of defeat personified, at times....... plenty of us have fond memories of the windup motorcycle complete with scramble van...... and making jumps over plywood ramps set over cinderblocks....... tried that a few years ago as a reasonable fascimile of an adult on my mountain bike....... little piece of advice if the spirit of Evel overtakes you after puberty - lower the darn seat  Angry

I'm livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.....
islandcat88   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: And I met Evel Knievel my first day here.....
Reply #4 - 03/22/05 at 17:43:04

Trump2Thump wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I met the KING at a Harley dealership in Clearwater right before a Jimmy Buffett show in Tampa on my first day in Florida...... I actually got to shake his hand and personally thank him for giving me a red blooded American Hero to make my childhood a little more bearable..... kids today think they have heros with football players that get tackled by 300 pound linebackers, but Evel hit the pavement at 70 miles an hour and had a ton of cold steel crush his spine...... then he'd do it all again a few months later...... we'd look forward to a 10 second jump on ABC's Wide World of Sports for months...... the agony of defeat personified, at times....... plenty of us have fond memories of the windup motorcycle complete with scramble van...... and making jumps over plywood ramps set over cinderblocks....... tried that a few years ago as a reasonable fascimile of an adult on my mountain bike....... little piece of advice if the spirit of Evel overtakes you after puberty - lower the darn seat  Angry

f'n  A  bubba, you got it right.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #5 - 03/23/05 at 05:50:05

Welcome Man!!! Wink

Yep, you 'll love this great thumper, and just wait until you hang out with many big-buck HDs at local parades and guess what machine gets all the attention and compliments....

yes, exactly right on the point!!! your beloved, loyal and always ready SS... Grin

KTRSD,

RW

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/05 at 08:19:05

I know fairhaven. Right near new-beige! That place is brutal in the winter. You might as well be living in carabou Maine. Just to make your day a little brighter, we are expecting 6-8" tonight south of Boston.
Grin. If this sh*t keeps up I may have to trade my savage for a snowmobile.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 03/23/05 at 18:20:26

Trump2Thump wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I just moved to Central Florida ....
When I think of Central Florida I think of the famous Okeechobee Swamp.  Your profile says Space Coast, which I would assume is mid-alantic side within earshot of Cape Canaveral.  Hoghunter is just west in the Tampa area.  (I remember a Christmas Vacation in St. Petersburg in the '50's.)  Do you share his spot (#10) or where should I place 10a?

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 03/23/05 at 22:35:10

I've ridden in Florida. I'm jealous.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #9 - 03/28/05 at 19:29:22

Welcome! Let us know how you enjoy the Savage and the weather! There's a lot to be said for riding year-round but it gets too hot and muggy in Florida for me. I grew up there so I know of what I speak...  8) Not to say that you won't love it, of course. Nice change from New England winter I bet.

KTRSD. Have fun!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:03:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Back in the Saddle Again.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.