Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Already lovin' this site... (Read 3 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Already lovin' this site...
03/17/05 at 02:06:34

I've been on another forum since early in 98. I've been on this one for about 4 or 5 hours. Made it halfway through the older posts. Some very interesting threads...

Savage top speeds: 2 members of Bert's forum have hit decent triple digits on a Savage. Peter the Blacksmith, 112 mph, verified by pace car. WD (me) 115 mph, verified by the TN HWY Patrol on a closed course run what you brung day. Took over a mile straight line run  to hit the speed.

Savage fuel mileage: mine consistently got 75-85 mpg, when I rode it daily. Keep your speeds consistent, find a comfortable sounding spot in the powerband, sit back and relax.

Mufflers: they all sound okay (except mine, blown out glaspac). They all look like crap (nature of the beast, modern chrome is garbage).

Lack of politics: I love it. I want to hear about the bikes, the riders, and the rides.  I'm so glad the force feeding of MSF & AMA isn't rampant here like on so many other bike sites (any brand).

Mix of tech to "fun stuff": perfect! I'm so tired of the same old same old you get at various other sites.

I may just have to make this one of my new homes.  All of my friends are online, and I'd been wondering where they went. Glad I found this site. I've been chopping up perfectly good vehicles since I was 4 years old. Looks like I am in good company here.

Sure hope I'm back in the wind soon. Been down for three years and change with blown out lumbar discs. There is some riding in Western Washington that I would love to have you folks join the family on.
-WD
98 Savage
WDO (my wife Lisa)
96 Intruder 800 (that my savage walks all over, yes!)

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Already lovin' this site...
Reply #1 - 03/17/05 at 03:41:08

8)Glad you made it here WD ... have seen your posts many times on Bert's website. This is a great Community to be sure!
I too have some lower lumbar trouble ... but thus far it hasn't kept me from Riding (knock on wood) ... only our long Newfoundland winter does that!
Hope your back is better soon and you can get back in the saddle!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 03/17/05 at 06:46:05

Glad your over here WD, been wondering how your back has been doing. Just got out from under the knife myself. Nothing as bad as you had done but it has me grounded for about three weeks. Had a herniated naval and when the docs began talking about restricted blood flow with dead tissue I decided that it needed to be repaired. I really hate surgery but there wasn't to much else that could be done. Hope you are back in the wind soon. Ed L.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #3 - 03/17/05 at 08:01:47

Glad to have you aboard. Read to various post as written by your hand .
Keep those Tips-'n'-Tricks comming..

Greetings
Kropatchek, who might be riding for the first time after the winterstop this weekend. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #4 - 03/17/05 at 08:27:53

wd, welcome.

where are you from?

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 03/17/05 at 23:01:30

Sunny, I'm in Puyallup (Polyp) Washington. About 35 miles south of Seattle.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 00:05:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Already lovin' this site...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.