Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
funny non-savage related (Read 4 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

Re: funny non-savage related
Reply #30 - 02/22/05 at 11:18:56

yeah, I'm trying to keep all costs at a bare minimum so I can save money and will someday be able to afford a set of seeger forward controls.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #31 - 02/25/05 at 05:28:07

Believe it or not, I've seen bikers wearing turtle shell helmets  (or no helmet in SC) actually holding and talking on a cell phone while riding.  How crazy is that?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #32 - 02/25/05 at 08:03:53

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Believe it or not, I've seen bikers wearing turtle shell helmets  (or no helmet in SC) actually holding and talking on a cell phone while riding.  How crazy is that?

Darwinism in progress...

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #33 - 02/25/05 at 10:27:55

I saw a catalogue recently that had a jacket that was wired for cell phones. I don't mind the cell phone use but think common courtesy has been forgotten somewhere along the way.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #34 - 02/25/05 at 11:14:50

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
I don't mind the cell phone use but think common courtesy has been forgotten somewhere along the way.

it appears that common is gone from our society.
no more common courtest
no more common sense.

Sad

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #35 - 02/25/05 at 12:08:34

Common sense, common courtesy, empathy -- need to be taught to children.  Any lack in the present generation is the fault of the previous.

A large part of this teaching was *allowing* children to be hurt -- getting bit by dogs, scratched by cats, shocked by electricity, burned by fire, bruised from falling out of trees and off playground equipment, etc..  It used to be that any adult could discipline any child.  Common courtesy and common sense died when it was no longer permissible to smack a child for being rude, obnoxious, cruel, etc..  

WWW   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 02/25/05 at 12:23:51

"Common courtesy and common sense died when it was no longer permissible to smack a child for being rude, obnoxious, cruel, etc.."

A-Men to that Brother!  

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #37 - 02/25/05 at 13:34:21

Quote:
Telecommunications Installation and Repair since 1966

1966?  Heck, that was smoke signals and pony express!

LOL!  CO's are a lot quieter now than with steppers aren't they?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #38 - 02/25/05 at 19:28:42

My stepper handled 324- and 329- and was maintained by 8 switchmen.  Each of the two crossbars were three times larger run by 5 switchmen each.  The frame had 8 or so people, with a half dozen more in carrier/specials.  We had a 6 person Western Electric installation crew dedicated to our central office.  

They've nearly doubled the number of subscriber lines -- all handled by a DMS that covers a tenth of the floor space the three electro-magnetic switches did.  The DMS has the t-carrier built in and handles most of what used to be special circuits.   The switch to cable connections are left in and they simply tell the switch what options to place on the line.  There is a single frame person, a part time carrier-specials, and the switch is maintained remotely.

What use to be a jumping place with over 30 people working now makes your average mausoleum seem noisy.

======================================

On the plus side, we were sending data at 300 baud.  That picture of gitarzan's wife would have taken over 20 minutes to send.  (versus a half second for my DSL line.)

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #39 - 02/26/05 at 06:49:51

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Common sense, common courtesy, empathy -- need to be taught to children.  Any lack in the present generation is the fault of the previous.

A large part of this teaching was *allowing* children to be hurt -- getting bit by dogs, scratched by cats, shocked by electricity, burned by fire, bruised from falling out of trees and off playground equipment, etc..  It used to be that any adult could discipline any child.  Common courtesy and common sense died when it was no longer permissible to smack a child for being rude, obnoxious, cruel, etc..  

It is a general "dumbing-down" of society.  All the do gooders screamed that teachers and parents could not discipline the kids while at the same time the kids were given praise whether they deserved it or not....example: all the "Terrific Kid" bumper stickers.  So we (my generation) didn't teach them right from wrong and at the same time we boosted their self-esteem.  We created a generation of selffish under-achievers that think they deserve everything without working for it.....

Now those children are having their own kids....or in some cases, even killing and stealing other's.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #40 - 02/26/05 at 12:02:41

You have got that right, what really pisses me off is that society is dumbing-down to the lowest common denominator which is to protect stupid people from doing stupid things. HELLO a stupid person DOES stupid things, that's why they are stupid in the first place!!! It was the way stupid people were kept out of the gene pool, if you did something real stupid you wouldn't be around any more to breed and make more stupid people. I also think our modern day, "not his fault, he never was taught better" society is letting people get away with more while expecting them to be less responsable for thier actions. You were talking about how fast comunication has gotten, this increase in information has pushed people into a form of overload trying to keep up. People are rushing around so much that the finer social graces(being nice, not rude) have been put aside because no one has the time to be nice anymore. Most families don't even have time to get together for supper most weekdays. Half the people out there, me included, are living on gallons of coffee and pounds of sugar a day just trying to keep up. Look how popular Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts have become. When you look at the cost cuts most jobs expect out of thier employees, long comutes in heavy traffic and all the other pressures modern soicety throws at an individual it's amazing that more people don't just go over the deep end and start shooting for no real reason. Enough rant, the US is still the best country on earth and we are all luck (stupid included) to be here. Now if the winter would take a break things would be sweet. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #41 - 02/27/05 at 09:30:33

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
You have got that right, what really pisses me off is that society is dumbing-down to the lowest common denominator which is to protect stupid people from doing stupid things. HELLO a stupid person DOES stupid things, that's why they are stupid in the first place!!! It was the way stupid people were kept out of the gene pool, if you did something real stupid you wouldn't be around any more to breed and make more stupid people. I also think our modern day, "not his fault, he never was taught better" society is letting people get away with more while expecting them to be less responsable for thier actions. You were talking about how fast comunication has gotten, this increase in information has pushed people into a form of overload trying to keep up. People are rushing around so much that the finer social graces(being nice, not rude) have been put aside because no one has the time to be nice anymore. Most families don't even have time to get together for supper most weekdays. Half the people out there, me included, are living on gallons of coffee and pounds of sugar a day just trying to keep up. Look how popular Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts have become. When you look at the cost cuts most jobs expect out of thier employees, long comutes in heavy traffic and all the other pressures modern soicety throws at an individual it's amazing that more people don't just go over the deep end and start shooting for no real reason. Enough rant, the US is still the best country on earth and we are all luck (stupid included) to be here. Now if the winter would take a break things would be sweet. Grin

Whew.  Bet you feel better now.  I know that I would  Shocked

Let's not forget society has grown to need instant gratification for everything.  Everything has to be fast and now.  Gotta pick up the phone and talk immediately.  People got to have "call waiting" too.  Whatever happened to getting a busy signal, and having to call back later?  I never use "call waiting", I believe in "caller waiting".  No one is more important than the person that I am talking to at the moment, and I'll never be heard to ask someone to hold while I answer another call.  To me that is an insult to the first person.

And what about jerks in grocery stores, walking around discussing what to buy?  Why the hell did they go to the store in the first place, if they have to call someone to find out what to get?  Can't they make their own decisions?  And why do they have to call and give an update to someone about their whereabouts?  Gee, how long has it been since they got out of the car in the parking lot?  Is today's routine so much different than yesterday's?  And what makes these people think that their personal life is so important that it has to be part of mine?

The dumbing down process also includes a lack of patience.  Why?  Cause, people might have to spend some time actually thinking while they wait.

Personally, I like the pause that I get when I state that I missed a call because my phone was in the car (or not with me).

All this is another great reason to ride a bike.  No phones and no strange conversations interrupting my thoughts.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #42 - 02/27/05 at 13:40:14

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
HELLO a stupid person DOES stupid things, that's why they are stupid in the first place!!! It was the way stupid people were kept out of the gene pool, if you did something real stupid you wouldn't be around any more to breed and make more stupid people.

[glow=red,2,300]"..stupid is as stupid does.. " [/glow]
- Forest Gump

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #43 - 02/27/05 at 14:04:12

Didn't mean to blow off steam, just did 12 days straight at work. Only guy working with 15 nurses and techs, all women, even my boss is a female. When it's good it's very good  Grin but when it's bad it's very bad Sad.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 05:08:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › funny non-savage related

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.