ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: funny non-savage related
Reply #15 - 02/21/05 at 16:24:31

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Speaking of waving -- I have noticed that everybody waves to everybody nowadays.  Sportbike, Standard, Metric Cruiser or Hawg -- if you are on two wheels that is enough.  Not like the early '80's!

i've found that different groups wave depending on the helmet i'm wearing. simular helmets wave to each other. well not the helmets themselfs but the riders,  Roll Eyes

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #16 - 02/21/05 at 16:45:52

I wave my cell phone and cigaret at 'em.

Grin

Actually most of them wave around here.  If they don't, I figure they're not too comfortable with one handed riding (or an idjit).

One time I was on the back leg of a 150 mile lunch run and a larger poker run was coming the other way.  I got so tired of waving I turned and went down a county road.  There must have 300-400 riders coming the other way!

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Reply #17 - 02/21/05 at 17:47:05

I agree with Paladin. Many people are actually buying those things and dont understand the real world. They jam phones for up to a 1/4 mile depending on the model. Imagin this, you are sitting having a cup of joe in your local shop and you switch it on for some quite. At the same time, a block away, there is an emergency and  a mom needs to call 911, her child is choking. Guess what the outcome could be?

Now that more than 80% of all 911 calls are being generated from cell phones,  this is not as crazy as it might sound.

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #18 - 02/21/05 at 19:28:22

I have a hands free headset, but too much wind noise with the beanie to use it.

With a full face helmet you can use a cell phone while riding.  The new phones will even dial out on voice command.

WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #19 - 02/21/05 at 20:30:55

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
I have a hands free headset, but too much wind noise with the beanie to use it.

Remove the propellor.

IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Reply #20 - 02/21/05 at 21:49:35

Paladin-"wished" not wanted to get one ..It was meant as an interesting item. At least Michael got it.. Wink
after 39 years doing the same job, I can see where you would take phone related stuff as personal but it wasn't meant to condone the use of the product.
Shocked FWIW - could I borrow your  Ruger Blackhawk, 7.5" barrel, caliber .45 Long Colt so I can put myself out of my misery of ever posting this  :'(
i kid ,i kid  Tongue

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #21 - 02/21/05 at 22:21:44

It was said 15m radius in good conditions. This clearly eliminates the risk of causing any dammage- if there is something critical in 10-15 m of You, You will know it.
If the d**n thing wasn't so expensive I'd get one and use it all the time. It is concidered rude to listen  when  the people are having  conversation, but nobody thinks about the people who are forsed to listen to his /her's/ BS. I realy enjoy to make loud coments about the phone calls around me.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 02/22/05 at 03:28:59

why not leave the phone at home we use to survive wihtout one

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #23 - 02/22/05 at 06:14:33

I'm biased, but human history can be said to be a history of the improvements in communications.  It all started with language, when we could communicate more expansive concepts with each other.  The Roman Empire was made possible by the speedy (for then) communications by messenger over the network of Roman Roads.  Telegraph, telephone, and radio made near instaneous long distance communications possible.  The Cell Phone now allows that long distant communications to be available anywhere in civilized areas.

Why have cell phones?  Convience, security, peace of mind.  My daughter colapsed at school.  They called the wife who called me.  Wife was home, in Gardena, daughter was in San Pedro, I was mid-way in central Torrance.   I got to the school first, in time to talk to the paramedics and to give permission to transport to the hospital.  Got on the cell phone to the wife and she was able to change course and be waiting at the hospital emergency room when the ambalance arrived.

Yeah, someone could have jammed Wendy as she tried to use her cell phone in the car.  It wasn't a life or death situation -- altho' it might have been.  And the worry and panic as she arrived at the school only to learn her youngest had already been taken to the hospital would be hilarious!  Except, of course, to those worrying about their family.

We are on Cingular's Family Plan with three of the four phones being only $10 a month.  Dirt cheap for the ability to be able to respond to a family emergency in minutes rather than hours.

WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #24 - 02/22/05 at 06:38:45

This thread is almost ready to be send to http://www.howardforums.com/

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #25 - 02/22/05 at 07:10:24

Naaaaahhhh....  human civilization is due to beer.
Here's the basic theory as I understand it...
Early humans were nomadic hunter gatherers (later, occasionally with a few odd herd animals like goats) until someone happened upon some water from a field of wild grain that had a chance to ferment naturally.  Liking this, they first gravitated to these types of areas (because both their meager herd animals and prey animals were attracted to grain and because beer rocked) and later began to stay around for longer periods for the same reasons.  Eventually, they learned to care for the grain, to grind it and make it digestible to humans, to brew their own recipes and so forth.  Hence, the dawn of an agrarian society and villages.

There you have it.  Beer.  The father of modern civilization.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Michael

Reply #26 - 02/22/05 at 09:05:24

Hmmmm     Not one cell phone in my whole family, and we are still all alive....have all our limbs, and don't feel our safety is in jeopardy....i guess if one wants to be a slave to one, then so be it...that's their bizz...

I still see at least one pay phone on every corner. God forbid I may have to slum it, and drop a quarter in, to reach the wife, so she can put dinner on.

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #27 - 02/22/05 at 10:49:03

I like my cellphone and keep it with me when I ride, though I have no desire to use it while riding.  While I could easily use my Jabra hands-free setup, I just keep it available for use and pull over if I need to talk.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 02/22/05 at 10:54:48

Check out the hand free device that I use for my cell phone. You could probably use it on your savage if you can fit your helmet over it.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/images/headset.jpg

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #29 - 02/22/05 at 11:02:27

Very cost-effective, Nightrain!

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 07:35:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › funny non-savage related

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.