LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
PARTS PRICE RIP-OFF
02/18/05 at 07:53:28

This is some info that I have already posted on the "hr" site, but I wanted to post it here also, just in case some folks don't get over there regularly.
This is about parts prices...in this case it concerns a Supertrapp muffler, but I have seen this type of thing before for other stuff.....and this REALLY BURNS  MY A _ S.
I was looking through some parts catalogs, motorcycle and auto, and noticed a SIGNIFICANT PRICE DIFFERENCE FOR THE SAME PRODUCT...one in the auto and the other in the motorcycle  catalog.

In the J&P catalog, like many other motorcycle catalogs, the chromed steel Supertrapp muffler is priced at $254.99.  On the Supertrapp website it is $263.

In the Summit auto catalog there are several stainless steel mufflers listed of varying sizes and finishes.  They are:  black-$125.95,  satin stainless-$159.95,  polished stainless-$159.95.

Even the picture used in the Summit catalog is the exact same picture used in motorcycle catalogs, and on their website!

All mufflers are 4" diameter, the lengths can be 17, 18, 19, 22, or 24 inches, depending on which one you are looking at.

The point being, we are being charged almost twice the price for a chromed steel muffler as apposed to a stainless muffler...AND THE ONLY REASON IS THAT ONE IS IN A MOTORCYCLE  CATALOG AND THE OTHER IS IN AN AUTO CATALOG.

Do any of you remember the old movie line......
I'M MAD AS H _ _ L  AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!

PASS THE WORD...ONLINE AND BY MOUTH...CALL AND EMAIL THE MANUFACTURERS AND THE CATALOGS ...LET'S SEE IF WE CAN'T DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS RIPOFF.  

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: PARTS PRICE RIP-OFF
Reply #1 - 02/18/05 at 08:13:51

It's called Capitalism and competition.  They have the right to charge what they want and we have to right to buy what we want.

How about an example of the Raask drag pipe that I have.... You can buy it from a dealer or a distributor in the US for $450 or more.  Or you can buy it complete with shipping and electronic wire transfer, direct from the factory in Sweden for $285.

The Raask factory got what they want, I got what I wanted, and the distributor got nothing.

The American Way!

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #2 - 02/18/05 at 10:09:17

They can charge whatever they want.

You can spend your money wherever you want.

It all works out in the end.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #3 - 02/18/05 at 19:01:04

You are right guys and the one charging the most is right too.
 There is a saying-"It is not crazy the one eating the pie, but the one giving it to him". I'd put it with different words- It is not crazy the one, taking the money, but the one giving the money to him.
There is nothing like a free lunch in this life. The only thing is somebody invests time and knowledge and saves money. Whoever is lazy and doesn't want to take time and research the price- pays cash. Isn't it the same when You go to the stealership compared with when You find a good mechanic, that will do the same in his garage?

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 20:23:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › PARTS PRICE RIP-OFF

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.