Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Member (Read 5 times)
Toadie
Ex Member

02/17/05 at 09:40:48

Hi yall',  This site is full of a lot of great information.  I can tell that I will be researching alot about my new baby.  Oh yeah my name is Kim and I'm very excited about my 05 S40.  You all have a great day and I will talk to ya later.  I have to go ride now, the sun finally came out and it is warming up putside.  Bye

IP Logged
MarkD1960
Ex Member

Re: New Member
Reply #1 - 02/17/05 at 09:51:39

I'm very interested in your comments on your new bike.  I'm torturing myself trying to figure out what I'll get.

Have fun riding.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 02/17/05 at 10:30:09

Welcome to the gang and congratulations!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #3 - 02/17/05 at 12:37:50

Hi Kim.    Welcome to the thumper world.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Toadie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/17/05 at 15:43:29

Thank you all for the warm welcome.  If you have any questions about the S40 just let me know and I will try to answer them.  gitarzan I love your name.  Ride safe everyone and I'll be back later.  Kim (aka Toadie)

IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/17/05 at 17:11:49

hi all thought i would post here to toadies first post since thi is my first post as member. have posted in the past some as a guest and have been looking at this board for about a year nad half. also i am toadies aka kims other half. she has benn riding a 2003 buell blast for the past year and has finally seen yhe light and came over from the dark side to the savage/s40. having looked at these boards for so long i fell i know you all well and consider everyone as good friends. glad to be aboard will post as much as i can but sometimes that is tough since i cant seem to get the wife off of the puter lol i'll be in trouble for that one as soon as she sees it.

IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Reply #6 - 02/18/05 at 03:20:44

Welcome aboard you two..It's good to see our ranks growing by leaps and bounds Wink

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #7 - 02/18/05 at 10:18:10

Goose!   Welcome.

So it's hands off toadie, eh?

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #8 - 02/18/05 at 10:45:10

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Goose!   Welcome.

So it's hands off toadie, eh?

welcome toadie and goose.

wasn't there some fad a few years ago having something to do with toads? Grin (ok that's the best i could clean up my smart remark)  connect the dots.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #9 - 02/18/05 at 15:45:54

Welcome! How was the ride?  Grin

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #10 - 02/18/05 at 17:24:28

Welcome Toadie and Goose .

Toadie -- since you have experience with both the Blast and the Savage, and since the specs on both bikes are quite similar, a comparison would be helpful for those who are contemplating one or the other.

Better pictures of both Savages would be appreciated.

WWW   IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/18/05 at 17:58:26

I came real close to buying a Buell Blast about 2 months before I bought the Savage.  They were dime a dozen.  You could get a practically brand new one for $3000.  They looked fun, and definitely different.  How was it?  Was it a good bike.  Or was it plagued with problems.  I know it's only 500cc, but did it perform OK?

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #12 - 02/20/05 at 02:45:33

8)Welcome Goose & Toadie ... from a fellow Thumper (I live up in the "Great White North", so I'm not Ridin' this time of the year)!
The S40 looks awesome in white ... great choice! Since you also owned a Blast, I too would love to hear your opinions on the Blast vs LS650.
Enjoy and Ride Safe!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Toadie
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/20/05 at 05:03:54

Thanks for all the responses.  You guys are great!!!  I have only put 76 miles on the S40 due to a flat tire on Friday's ride :'(.  My poor baby is in the shop right now.  I'm told it will be ready on Tuesday.  I sure hope so.   The two bikes even though they are simular in specs are totally different riding experiences.   The Blast is not counterbalanced and therefore shakes ALOT.   The transmission is a Sportster tranny and is kind of clunky.  A little hard to get into first on cold starts.  The bike has been trouble free as far as mechanics goes.  The really down side of the Blast is the rear tire it eats tires like nobodys business.  You change the oil you change the rear tire.  As far as performance goes it is a little torque monster and has very good throttle response off the line.  Now the S40  after riding the Blast the S40 is like silk.  It has a very good tranny.  No clunk or difficulties into any gear.  The clutches are totally different the S40 has a little wider clutch friction zone.  The Blast has no friction zone.  You better be ready to go when you let out on that clutch.   I'm planning on keeping the Blast and use it to go and tear up the twisties around here and use the S40 for our trips around Texas and Louisana.  First I have to get it home so I can at least break it in.  I love both bikes because they are so different.  I guess for now that a coin toss will decide which bike get ridden on that day.  As I ride the S40 more I will post more as to the differences and simularitities of the two.  But for now this is all that I have noticed.  Thanks again for the welcomes and I will keep yall posted.  We have to get more pics of both the bikes and I will post them as soon as I can.  Ride safe and have fun.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 02/20/05 at 05:05:42

I too would be interested in the comparison between the two bikes from your perspective as an owner of both.  If I remember right, the power output of both bikes are virtually the same.
Anyway, welcome to our wacky world of fun and......more fun.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:15:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Member

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.