Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
employee of the muff (Read 9 times)
Goose
Ex Member

Re: employee of the muff
Reply #15 - 02/17/05 at 17:28:25

i have always worn a helment but i do believe it should be by ones own choice. i mainly wear one because lets face it if you slam your head into something at 70 mph helment or not you are most likely dead. its the low speed parking lot or other slow speed accident that keeps me wearing one and means you wlk awaay instead of going to the morgue.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #16 - 02/17/05 at 20:36:28

I wear one like this:

Mirror Chrome.

That way they get lots of nice attention-getting glints in their eyes.  Maybe even some sun...

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #17 - 02/17/05 at 21:46:02

The picture seems po be removed from where it used to be  Undecided Ill just tjek ones more tonight just in case !

WWW   IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02/18/05 at 13:58:57

I have a helmet just like Gitarzan's.  Not as clean, though.  My kids like to play with it, and it's pretty well scratched up.  I also have a nice full face for the cooler days.  The chrome one is a lot more comfortable, but it's too darn cold to wear in the winter.  I have an unusual shaped head, so the full face cuts into my forehead.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #19 - 02/19/05 at 06:30:15

Actually that picture is a catalog photo from the net.  As a matter of fact mine is shorter.  

Here's me in mine.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #20 - 02/21/05 at 08:34:20

i wear a full face helmet. right now i have to replace the face shield because i was hit by a rock that left a nice deep gouge in it.
i am not sure i'd have retained conciousness if it had hit my head unprotected...

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #21 - 02/21/05 at 09:10:07

sunny wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
i wear a full face helmet. right now i have to replace the face shield because i was hit by a rock that left a nice deep gouge in it.
i am not sure i'd have retained conciousness if it had hit my head unprotected...

Outch, that had to hurt if u didnt wear a helmet  Undecided Luckyli u did  Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 02/21/05 at 12:42:59

I was considering the full-face for the added protection (I figure any additional is good) I've read and heard a lot of great stuff about the Scorpion EXO helmets recently - both the 400 and 700 series versions.  It looks like the major difference is the 400 series is polycarbonate while the 700 series is fiberglass/kevlar, making the 700's a bit lighter.  I tried both on at MotoLiberty last week and was unable to feel a weight difference though.  These are DoT/Snell M2000 certified and have the features, fit and finish of many of the $500 and $600 buckets and they are priced from $129 to $199.  They come with scratch resistant coatings on th e shields that are supposedly fog-resistant too.  The removable liners are what they call KwikWick, which seems to be a microfiber wicking fabric.  I am seriously considering getting one of the 400's since this is possibly the most comfortable helmet I've tried on.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:17:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › employee of the muff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.