Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
employee of the muff (Read 9 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

employee of the muff
02/16/05 at 16:12:48

So I get back from my luchbreak at work yesterday and find out that I was named employee of the month  Grin  And yes, I had to shine a lot of asses with my face to get that title. Normally this type of attention bothers the hell out of me. I have to get my darned picture taked and put on some darned plaqe. But It just so happens that the employee of the month gets a $50.00 Amazon gift card for their obedience.  So how is the savage related you may ask? Well here is what I ordered for $50 bucks off of amazon

I  never would've guessed that they sell helmets.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: employee of the muff
Reply #1 - 02/16/05 at 16:18:33

Nightrain wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:

shouldn't that be a full face helmet so others dont see the brown on your nose. Grin

congrats.
sluggo

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/16/05 at 16:22:12

Nice!  Wink

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #3 - 02/16/05 at 16:46:27

Very cool. Bet they weren't thinking you were going to buy a motorcycle helmet. I love it!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #4 - 02/16/05 at 22:10:06

Got brains?  

Protect them.

Very cool.

Quote:
 And yes, I had to shine a lot of asses with my face to get that title.

Where I work we call that getting brown shoulders.  Grin

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #5 - 02/17/05 at 10:21:34

Congrats  Grin
Since I saw a picture of a man that DIDNT use a fullface and had his whole face scraped off in an accident i swore NEVER to ride with nothing but fullface !
If someone is interesting i seeing that picture just ask, but ill warn you, its the most disgusting picture ive ever seen  Lips Sealed and by god, it takes a lot to give me nausia !

WWW   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/17/05 at 12:00:43

I want to see it. Can You email me at

mcarr(at)Nelliemae(dot)com

I usually ride a non-DOT, non-legal, shorty helmet. So this is actually an upgrade. I think that a nasty pic might slap some sense into me and force me to start wearing a full face.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 02/17/05 at 12:52:58

DangMan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
... a man that DIDNT use a fullface and had his whole face scraped off in an accident...
But what was he doing just prior to the 'accident'?    If it wasn't for the enforcement of the law I would not wear a helmet for most of my riding.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 02/17/05 at 14:02:58

I also have to wonder just what he WAS wearing. My understanding is that there is actually very little difference in protection between an open-face full helmet and a full-face helmet with the exception of the chin and that is supposed to be a statistically insignificant occurrence.  I'd also bet that a lot of injuries occur because of improper size and improperly worn helmets (i.e. loose chin-strap, etc.) that wouldn't if the helmet were properly fitted and worn.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/17/05 at 14:20:40

I would have queation the faceless man as well. Even in circle track racing, when they crash at speeds of 60 mph plus, your body tends to roll. You would literally have to be dragged to have your face scraped off. But I still want to see it

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #10 - 02/17/05 at 14:31:15

If someone finds that picture, please link to it, don't post the picture directly in here.  

I've seen that picture you mention and not everyone might want to see it.
Lips Sealed

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
River
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/17/05 at 14:58:07

Heya,
  Im new here, but I like what I see so far- I had to respond to this one since I used to ride w/ a 3/4 helmet myself-
 Savage_Rob wrote: "My understanding is that there is actually very little difference in protection between an open-face full helmet and a full-face helmet with the exception of the chin and that is supposed to be a statistically insignificant occurrence. "

Actually, its not that insignificant. According to David Hough's "Proficient Motorcycling": (In reference to a study done by Dietmar Otte) the distribution of impact locations on motorcycle helmets are: 15.2% to 19.4% (left and right hand side respectively)  to the chin area.

I say 1/6th to 1/5th damage probablility is a good enough reason for a full-face helmet. I keep my 3/4 now in case I have a passenger (they get choice) until I get another full-face.
      Peace,
         River

IP Logged
Ed L.

Reply #12 - 02/17/05 at 15:52:42

If you want to see some real sick pics go over to rotten.com. They have stuff that will make you puke in the motorcycle picture section Shocked. I haven't been there for a while and don't plan to go back. I wear a full face helmet and gear just in case sh*t happens. It's your skin and head, wear what you want but don't give me any crap about what I wear and I will respect your choice on what you wear Grin. It's all about freedom after all isn't it. Ride Safe

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/17/05 at 15:59:22

A-men to freedom. Freedom of choice baby Grin

IP Logged
Ed L.

Reply #14 - 02/17/05 at 16:29:28

Forgot to say congrats on the employee of the month and nice helmet Wink, Round here we call brown nosing "ring around the collar" hey we all do it and at least you got something you can use. I could wall paper my office with all the "atta boy" certificates the bosses have given me over the years.  Ride Safe, Ride Free

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 13:59:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › employee of the muff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.