Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear sprocket spacers (Read 12 times)
raytoews
Ex Member

Rear sprocket spacers
02/13/05 at 15:49:40

I had my rear wheel off last summer and noticed the rear sprocket had a fair amount of play while installed.
I dismantled it and discovered if I switched the spacers it fit tightley against the rubber bushings and the wobble was gone.

Which is the right way, did I install it wrong or did one of the three times a shop tech who instaled the new tire get it wrong?

Should the rear sprocket wobble when installed?

Ray

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: Rear sprocket spacers
Reply #1 - 02/13/05 at 16:15:12

No it should not wobble, if it does you can almost be assured of a drive belt squeek on drive and decel, I've replaced the drive cushions in mine trying to tighten it up, will look at the bushing layout as I know I have always put it back the way it came out, but the bike was used when I got it, duh!!, Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #2 - 02/14/05 at 03:51:17

Check this out
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...
On the LH side the "big" bushing has to be fitted. On the RH the "small" with the following dimensions 17x28x22.3 mm
Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 02/15/05 at 05:34:34

raytoews wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
I had my rear wheel off last summer and noticed the rear sprocket had a fair amount of play while installed.
I dismantled it and discovered if I switched the spacers it fit tightley against the rubber bushings and the wobble was gone.

Which is the right way, did I install it wrong or did one of the three times a shop tech who instaled the new tire get it wrong?
Should the rear sprocket wobble when installed?

Ray

How much wobble?  There is a little wobble caused by the clearance (or wear) in the bearings in the pulley.  The spacers just sandwich the bearings on the axle bolt, and fitted against the rubber bushings there is still a little play, but too much is not good.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 19:42:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear sprocket spacers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.