Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bigger Tank (Read 12 times)
Zack Hodges

Bigger Tank
02/06/05 at 09:13:15

I would like to put a fatter fuel tank on my bike I have a 1997 Savage. I was just wondering if anyone know of something that would fit. I would be thankful for any suggestions.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Bigger Tank
Reply #1 - 02/06/05 at 14:41:21

8)Hi Zack! ... putting another tank on the Savage can be a bit problematic ... though if you are a bit of  DIY fabricator, then I've read that of others that have "adapted" tanks to their Savages ... the VZ800 Marauder tank, the Sportster tank and the Kawi EN750 tank (which I believe is one of the better "fits") have all been retrofitted to the Savage at one time or another.
Heck, if you really good with sheet steel, then I guess the limit is that of your imagination!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
lordzamize
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/07/05 at 11:25:30

Is the main issue with different tanks mounting?

Z

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 02/07/05 at 13:14:44

The main issue with fitting other tanks to the Savage, is the fabrication/modification of mounting brackets, etc. as the only tank "made to fit" the Savage is the OEM tank.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
lordzamize
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/08/05 at 03:51:21

roger that!

Z

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/08/05 at 05:58:40

I will be facing a tank mounting issue myself. I will be putting on a coffin tank for old school chopper look. The tank I will be buying has curved mounting tabs and the Savage has a square backbone. Thats issue #1. There will be more and I am fairly sure I need to do some bracket fabrication. There is a guy who enlarges Suzuki Intruder tanks and he may do a Savage tank as well. Then it is a simple remount just like stock, I'll search for the link to the tank builder.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 02/08/05 at 13:30:21

Good luck with that Gargoyle ... can't wait to see pics! Tank mods on the LS650 are kinda rare ... but the few I've seen on the web, look really cool!

WWW   IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/09/05 at 10:04:06

Here is the link for the tank builder.
http://www.geocities.com/w_mcavoy/MCFATTANK.html

IP Logged
Z

Reply #8 - 02/09/05 at 18:51:36

Thanks alot for the link Gargoyle.