Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
free services (Read 5 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

free services
01/31/05 at 15:39:39

Yesterday I attempted to start the savage and she was dead as sh*t! Wouldnt even take a jump. I started searching the web for a new battery and I came across Autozones website. Not only do the sell motorcycle batteries but you can bring in your existing battery and they will test and charge it for free. I will update the post on their pricing when I get in there.

and by the way. Pats are going to the superbowl Tongue

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Re: free services
Reply #1 - 02/04/05 at 08:39:48

I dropped off my battery at autozone and they put it on a 1 amp trickle charge overnight. I picked it up the next day and it was good as new. Putting out 13 volts. I re-installed it and the bike started in less than a second. Before I pulled it, I had my chevy pickup hooked up to it with jumper cables for over 20 miniutes and the bike wouldnt start. It would crank and crank anc crank, but no start. I posted previously wondering if a dead battery can be jumped and untill now, I thought that it could. I dont know how else to explan it. I'm just glad that I squeaked out of it for free. Boy I miss kickstarts.

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: free services
Reply #2 - 02/04/05 at 09:07:53

The connection has been bad. There has been enough power to crank the engine, but You need certain voltage left to give a spark. This is the way with the computerized ignition. Usually the critical voltage is about 10VDC. The Savages, The GSXR1100s and the old Katana1100 are like this.
Enjoy the sound!

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:45:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › free services

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.