S40 Handlebars (Read 67 times)
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
S40 Handlebars
01/25/05 at 06:52:33

Does anyone know where I can buy the risers and handlebars on the S40? If not those, can anyone recommend close to an exact replacement? Handlebars are the next project for me. I really want the straight / drag type and not the pull back type that came on my '02. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance.

--Mark

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: S40 Handlebars
Reply #1 - 01/25/05 at 07:20:28

I have info on the ones I put on my bike, and I love em.  They are really nice looking, good chrome, 6", strong and very  reasonable.  In the Jireh Cycle catalog (www.jirehcycles.com or 877-681-0448) the part # 34-119, and only $39.95.  I do not remember if the bottom bolts came with it, or if the stock Savage bolts worked, or if I went to the hardware store and bought stainless bolts for a couple of bucks (I think I bought stainless).  Anyway, I already had the drag bar from before, and when I put these risers on it just MADE IT.  Looks good, feels good, rides good.  These risers are sold for Harley's, but since they are seperate pieces and not one, you do not have to worry about the   distance between the holes (Harley holes on the triple tree are narrower that the Savage).  
The Jireh catalog is huge and it is free for the asking.  I have sourced several parts from them, they have good prices and if there is a problem they are easy to work with,, even on  returns.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 01/25/05 at 07:36:03

I am not sure what happened with the phone # above, but  here it is again...877-681-0448.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 01/25/05 at 07:55:26

I've read that the VZ800 Marauder's drag-bars will bolt right on the Savage ... in fact, I recently sized-up an S40 in the dealers showroom and the bars looked exactly like those I've seen on the Marauder ... since the 'Rauder's been around awhile, ya might wanna check out some m/c wrecking yards in your area ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.

Reply #4 - 01/25/05 at 17:41:07

I changed out the handle bars on my '02 to a set of clubman bars that I got from Dennis Kirk Metric Cruisers. The new bars have a 2 1/2 inch rise which means that you don't need to use different risers, the stock ones work fine. All in all the new bars give me more arm room and a more natural riding position and are a bit wider. The drag bars were my first choice but I didn't want to change the risers. The 2 1/2 inch rise just clears the tank and gives a retro/cafe racer look which was what I was looking for. There are so many different choices out there it can be hard to make up your mind. Luck on your handle bars, post a pic when done.  Ride Safe

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 01/25/05 at 18:43:41

http://www.priceleap.com/catalog/9/4863558

these are the chrome works i just installed, i used the standard risers. the bars just clear the tank.

here's how they look

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #6 - 01/26/05 at 03:55:23

Risers of the Intruder are 4 cm higher that standard Savage and have the same rubber bushings, bolt right on.
Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 01/27/05 at 21:27:35

so i went to the big city this week and saw my first s40

it was nice.  i'm glad i got the last savage.

while the dragbars look ok on the s40 i would have removed the risers making them lower to the tank. just my personal preference. i also perfered the two piece seat. overall it's the same bike.

i was with my better half and the sales dude thought i was checking it out for her.  i dont think they will ever have a clue.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:14:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 Handlebars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.