Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I hate the Mass RMV (Read 5 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

I hate the Mass RMV
12/30/04 at 10:24:24

So I go the Mass RMV to register and title my savage. The bee-yach behind the counter tells me I  need a bill of sale. I have a signed title transferring ownership and she hassles me about a bill of sale. The RMV website clearly states you only need the title. I bought this bike in Maine. I hate the registry!!! It is no wonder why so many people drive illegal, Bureaucracy makes it impossible to get anything done. I am a legit guy who did everything by the  book and she send me packing. God bless america where a couter clerk having a bad day can ruin my day to make herself feel better....
Angry

IP Logged
HotFix
2004 No Login

2001 Savage

Metro Atlanta
Re: I hate the Mass RMV
Reply #1 - 12/30/04 at 10:31:30

When you know you are clearly in the right (or don't like the way you are being treated) always ask to speak to the supervisor.  Be courteous and state that you do not understand how A+B=C (or whatever has got the clerk confused).

Remember, they are not working the desk because NASA wasn't hiring that day.

2008 Honda ST1300
2005 Honda VTX 1300 C (sold)
2001 Suzuki Savage (sold)
  IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/30/04 at 10:58:15

I guess I'll just try another branch. The difference between branches is night and day. I've been stone-walled at one branch and gone to another and have gotten what I needed. I hear ya about the quality of personnel. There should be at least some type of test to get that job. I think that the test they are giving now is the one where you try and get the round peg in the round hole, square peg in the square hole, etc, etc.....

IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Reply #3 - 12/30/04 at 15:53:12

Try the Quincy office, I had only the title and it was no problem. I bought it here in Mass though.  Roll EyesIf not you could always make up a bill of sale ..just the names and the price kind of thing and have someone else sign the sellers name...shady but sometimes you gotta be  Roll Eyes

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/30/04 at 17:48:03

Oh I got one for ya.... I took a bill of sale in with some other paperwork on a scooter. No title as it came from Georgia where they did not give titles on older vehicles but a copy of the Registration.... the lady at the front desk feels the Bill of sale and tells me its a copy. I said... "um... excuse me?" And she repeats... "thats a copy". I said "well... so.... I am not certain if it is or not as I made a copy for the seller and he might have taken the wrong one but I don't have any reason to believe it matters nor that it is the copy." She feels it again and says "well its hard to tell with these new copy machines now a days." (not certain what she means at all now) So I ask "well if you cannot tell... then why assume its a copy?". And she says well it has to be original and I can't tell... so its a copy." So I just sigh and leave... go to my car... travel over to the next county DMV and in the parking lot I take a closed bic pen and trace over the signatures (indenting the pages some with the cap just in case) take it in and straight on through I go!

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/03/05 at 11:24:44

So I tried Qquincy then Brockton. Both are telling me I need a Bill of sale. I actually got into a mini shouting match with the supervisor at the brockton registry. Their interpretation of the written law is clearly a stretch from the truth. She was a real "see you next tuesday".  I went home defeated. The next day I break out the bic pen and fire up Microsoft word. Done, Done and Done! I hit the North Attleboro RMV with my new bill of sale and I was there for all of 5 miniutes. You were right Frost,  extreme situations call for extreme measures. The kid's legal now.

IP Logged
HotFix
2004 No Login

2001 Savage

Metro Atlanta
Reply #6 - 01/03/05 at 11:57:46

Nightrain wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
The kid's legal now.  

Funny how two wrongs sometimes makes a right.  You should have seen what I went through when I moved from VA Beach to Atlanta.

2008 Honda ST1300
2005 Honda VTX 1300 C (sold)
2001 Suzuki Savage (sold)
  IP Logged
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Reply #7 - 01/04/05 at 03:58:04

Be thankful you are not in NY. Here they want the SS# of the seller in the bill of sale for tax reporting purposes. You should see some of the crap I had to go through to get a couple of my cars registered.

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 04:58:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I hate the Mass RMV