Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Inexpensive commercial Motorcycle jack (Read 16 times)
gandalph40
Ex Member

Inexpensive commercial Motorcycle jack
12/28/04 at 17:58:50

During the holidays, I noticed a motorcycle jack for sale at both Sears and Walmart.  The Sears model was less than $100 and the Walmart version was less than $60.  For us that don't make a living using these, and that don't want to make our own (seen in another topic), either of these seemed like they would do the job.  

The capacity on both was similar (about 1500 lbs) and it had a rubber cushioned lifting surface that would fit underneath the bike on the frame rails.

Just thought I would "share". 8)

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Inexpensive commercial Motorcycle jack
Reply #1 - 12/28/04 at 18:30:52

santa brought me the one from shucks, at around 50 dollars.  i'm pleased.  it's odd to see ole thumper jacked up in the air that way.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/28/04 at 19:08:02

I have the Sears one... and looked closely later at the Walmart (Sams Club) one out of curiosity when I saw the price... and frankly I would save the money and get the Wallyworld one.

In fact the one I saw at Sams had some of the Accessories you normaly do not get. Some kinda promotional thing I think. But heck... save your money. And if you can find one with the extras get it.

Not saying I do not like my Sears one and it does work well... but... well... I just see very little different in them. However never had them both exactly side by side. Was going from memory...

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #3 - 12/29/04 at 12:58:37

Well,  I think I need to get me one.   A feller can never have to many tools, you know.  

It will by my "quest"  for this weekend.  Angry

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
HotFix
2004 No Login

2001 Savage

Metro Atlanta
Reply #4 - 12/30/04 at 10:53:20

I think I'll pick up one at Wallyworld or Sams too.  I hope  gitarzan and I don't come across the same one.   Wink

2008 Honda ST1300
2005 Honda VTX 1300 C (sold)
2001 Suzuki Savage (sold)
  IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #5 - 12/30/04 at 13:00:14

I'll give you "rights" this time  Grin

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #6 - 01/04/05 at 14:51:30

I got a motorcycle jack for Christmas too. My husband thinks I am the coolest because I wanted a jack instead of some sparkly thing!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #7 - 01/04/05 at 16:34:06

You didn't get the sparkly jack?  Roll Eyes

What you ought to do is paint it pink or put some glitter or a gingham bow on it.  Something/anything to drive him crazy.

Grin

IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/13/05 at 10:46:10

OK...I finally bought the one at WallyWorld...cost about $60 with tax, and it seems to be fine.  But, it might not be available at all stores.  I went into my closest store and they had 4.  I went into another store and decided to check and see if they had them...nope...not even a place for them.  If you find one though, they're great.

IP Logged
Michael

Reply #9 - 01/14/05 at 10:33:08

Hey there

I purchased a new jack at Costco in October........It is a great design, with a lot of added features. It is made by Torin, and called Black Jack.(but it's red, lol)

I has 1500 Lb  capacity, and a lifting range of 5 1/2 inches to 16 inches. came with two of the heavy duty 2 inch wide winch type tye downs. Best part is, i got it for just over $50 on a half price display model/dusty as H  E L  L ...no box  sale....lol

This is the first winter for my Savage, so it looks way cool seing her stored a foot off the cement floor...

Also, my last oil change was a breeze, and I will be installing new tires within a few weeks, so the jack has more than paid for itself already. Nothing worse than blocking up a bike, and being skeptical on whether it is gonna fall on you. Makes the task at hand, seem all that much more difficult.

I would recomend a good quality jack to anyone.....

cheers.

Michael

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #10 - 01/14/05 at 18:06:09

Basicaly all of these jacks are the same. I bought one used in 2002 ,when they were something new ,and use it on a regular bases. It works very good on all bikes with flat bottom /not plastic bikes/. The only difference I notissed is the quality of the padding  where the bike lays. Mine was a cheapy with a simple rubber, riveted to the metal and one rubber stripe is gone. Otherwise- very useful tool.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #11 - 01/15/05 at 00:52:34

I got a bike jack for KLX a couple of years ago, it only lifts to 13.5" but that is enough to get both wheels off the ground.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 01/16/05 at 06:28:08

Course, you got to remember that if you want to remove a wheel while the bike is on a jack, that is best to loosen the wheel and then jack the bike up off the wheel.

The bike can get kind of teetery if you just drop the wheel off of an elevated bike even with straps.

I had a jack that I got at the Wally Club, but never liked it because the Savage frame is so much shorter than the bigger bikes that it must have been built for...always had to position it just right and add a block of wood or something.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 03:25:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Inexpensive commercial Motorcycle jack

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.