Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Christmas is over...YAY! (Read 0 times)
Patty
Ex Member

Christmas is over...YAY!
12/27/04 at 05:37:03

I like to see Christmas come but I am delighted to see it go too! For the bike I got a pouch to mount on the bars for sunglasses and gloves. And a small tool bag to mount behind the sissy bar. For me I got some padded riding gloves for my 650cc vibrator.. Tongue!! And I also got a new biker babe belt and a biker babe shirt with flames on it. Oh...and a doo-rag with skulls on it! If Momma could only see me now!!! Can't wait for spring!  Undecided

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Re: Christmas is over...YAY!
Reply #1 - 12/27/04 at 07:39:38

Ah yes.... This the official wadyaget thread?

I got a pair of Joe Rocket Balistic 5.0 Pants, a pair of Joe Rocket riding boots and some throttle rockers...

And this cool lot of very rare and unusual Italian scooter tools...

IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #2 - 12/27/04 at 07:43:18

Hey I got some padded gloves too.  Fieldsheer with the gel pad across the palm.  Hope it will help with the hand numbing 60-65mph vibration.  I will probably find out before you.  It's almost warmed up enough here for riding again!

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
Lancer

Reply #3 - 12/27/04 at 09:21:06

Yes, Santa was good to me too.  I took my Christmas fun money to our favorite store...EBAY... and came back with a $300 AGV full face helmet, used one time last year, for $25..inc shp, looks brand new save for one scratch on the right edge of the visor........a pair of new First Gear riding pants, $225 retail, for $35 + $12 shp.........a pair of new Avalanche snowmobile racing boots, retail for $179, for $55 + $18 shp.........a pair of waterproof, thinsulate lined gloves for $8 (Walmart).........and then throw in the $300 First Gear Jacket I won this past summer from a motorcycle magazine contest and I AM READY TO RIDE ALL WINTER LONG.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #4 - 12/27/04 at 11:13:46

(Sporadic) Riding weather will be here in Ohio in just 10 more weeks. (crosses fingers and toes)

I've a new set of Marathons to install, a new seat and plans to get some tricked out grips.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 12/27/04 at 13:30:34

8)Hi guys (and gals)! Well, we're havin' the nasty snowstorm that New England got yesterday ... was out 4 times today already clearin' snow from the driveway ... the 'ol 13 year-old 8 HP Sears thrower is gettin' another workout this year ...
Wife and I took a wee trip to Montreal back in Oct. ... that was our X-mas gift to each other.
Daughter gave me a 1/18th scale OCC Bike and my friend and Ridin' pal gave me a cool coffee-table book about Sturgis ... which had some great pics, but was also quite a "spiritual" read ...
After readin' that book, now I know that I have to go at least once in my life! Any you guys ever been? Any tips you can give a lone Biker, travelling light sans Bike (too far to ship and not enough time off work to Ride)?
enjoy the rest of the Christmas Season everyone ... and please remember all of those affected by the Tsunami in S.E. Asia ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #6 - 12/27/04 at 16:58:41

Never been, but my friends have been to Sturgis and Daytona. About 10 years ago I loaned a bud my Nady intercom and turned down a ride to Daytona in the side car.
If you don't bring your bike to Sturgis, you may be sorry, lots of good riding thereabouts I hear. There is a slim chance I might get to go this year but more likely next year. I dream about taking 6 months to ride and just  track down some of my old homeys, One in Vegas, one in Key West, & one in Nova Scotia. Much as I like it, I am not sure the Savage is the right bike for the task.
If the Savage is my cruiser then the no-longer-sold-in-the-US-but-still-in-Europe aluminum 650 Honda Deauville would be my tourer :

The new Suzy 650 V-Strom's seat is too high for my taste,

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #7 - 12/27/04 at 18:31:55

That Deauville is a killer looking bike. Modern light tourer looks but it still hasn't got that insect-on-wheels look like most sportsbikes have nowadays.

Shocked

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/27/04 at 18:36:08

Touring.... I am seriously looking at a left over Intruder ...800cc water cooled shaft driven goodness....the "stealer" is desperate to get it out the door...calls me with better deals every day.... shhhhhh.... keep it quite...  Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #9 - 12/27/04 at 18:52:47

I almost got a new 04 Volusia before I decided on the used Savage.   There are times I regret not going for it.  Especially after about 125 miles. Embarrassed

I was also considering a new 04 Kaw 800 Drifter (Indian styled) It was black and truly cool looking.

But my Savage is black and truly cool looking too.  Even gonna be better with the new seat.  And, it's real "outsider" bike.  I like that.  Angry

Ever see really good looking chick then realize it's a guy and get the shudders? That's the same effect my bike has at poker runs with the Harley guys.  They see it and think, "What the heck is that?"  They come up to take a better look, and admire it until they see the Suzuki badge, then they get the willies and walk away like they kissed their mom and she slipped them the tongue.   Lips Sealed

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/27/04 at 19:21:55

Oh I think I would keep the Savage.... trade/sell the Kids Virago and let him have the Savage instead.... but.... realy.... I got too many toys as it is. I don't really need anything more but for that ever so often longer ride. Probably not enough times to justify it realy... he is ever so persistent and tempting me though.

Thing I did like about the Intruder is the narrowness approaches the Savage's and only about 75 more pounds. Its practiacly the same feel to me. Same sitting postion. I do not like the wider bikes in the other lines. Its probably the only Suzy that could and does get my attention. And its black... and he wants to sell pretty bad... seats feel and look nicer and wider too.

IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #11 - 12/28/04 at 11:52:07

first off, my gifts to two of the bikers in the office were little keyrings that look like choppers and double as bottle openers.
being very surprised, they rushed right out and bought the starter relay i have been in need of for a few weeks.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #12 - 12/28/04 at 17:41:14

sunny wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
first off, my gifts to two of the bikers in the office were little keyrings that look like choppers and double as bottle openers.
being very surprised, they rushed right out and bought the starter relay i have been in need of for a few weeks.

"Thems that gives, gets."

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:30:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Christmas is over...YAY!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.