Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are the exhaust valves in the front and ....... (Read 5 times)
rkutzner
Ex Member

Are the exhaust valves in the front and .......
12/15/04 at 12:53:25

........the intake in the rear?

Still waiting on my FSM for my 05 S40.  The valve clearances are given on the frame.  Can I assume the exhaust valves are accessed through the front cover and the intake valves through the rear cover?

I know it seems no brainerish, but can't hurt to ask !

Also doing the 1/2 spacer mod and increasing the main jet to 150 because the winter air is making her even leaner than it already is.  Idle mixture screw is out to 1.75 turns out (from stock 1/8th...yikes!).  Does that sound good for a still stock bike?  Supertrapp has to wait til spring......

IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Re: Are the exhaust valves in the front and ......
Reply #1 - 12/15/04 at 17:39:54

Exhaust valves are in the front.

The spacer, jet, mixture screw sounds about right.  Do not know at what altitude you are operating your bike, but here at six feet below sea level I can run a 157.5 main without having the mixture too rich. Also, I do have a Jardine exhaust.

IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/16/04 at 17:55:21

Thanks!  I was going to toss in the 150 main as a start to get me through the winter until I can muster up the cash for a Supertrapp.  I'm only about 200 ft above sea level but in MD the lows are in the 20s and the highs in the 90s so I want to be able to 'tune' my bike with disks instead of jets.....works real nice on my buddies ATV with a disk tunable White Brothers exhaust, good for elevation changes too when we go to the mountains.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 12/17/04 at 04:04:59

You can even go a little richer with the main to a 152.5 on the stock exhaust.  And I know that we've had ours from 0 to 6000 ft without any need to change jetting or exhaust.  You'll be alright....

As far as the intake and exhaust valves go, just remember that the anatomy of your bike is the reverse of your own  8)

IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/17/04 at 12:52:15

hehehe........

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 09:59:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Are the exhaust valves in the front and .......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.