Our Accessories (Read 53 times)
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Our Accessories
11/27/04 at 06:22:39

Susan........... I was wondering about the possibility of starting something like the Technical corner or I guess even just a new topic here where we could post :
1. what accessory they have bought
2. where purchased, price paid
3. pic of it on the bike
4. review after use
It was my search for a windshield that brought me to this site.   Grin I typed in the right search that took me directly to your post of the Memphis Shade.  But after that, I had to look all over the place to see what other members have.  Same when I decided to get Saddlebags.  If it was a totally new page like the Technical Corner it could even be broken down by topic/type of item.  Anyway, let me know what you think.

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Our Accessories
Reply #1 - 11/27/04 at 08:07:06

In the forum of "Our Accessories"

The first couple of messages are sticky, maintained by and only posted to by the moderator; subjects such as windscreen, saddlebags.  Such as:

Subject: saddlebags
Saddlebag recomendations
LeatherLyke

These sticky messages would link to the buried threads where each of us describe our bags and replied to the comments/questions about them.

This would work.

WWW   IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #2 - 11/29/04 at 05:53:52

Hi. This is an interesting idea. At the moment I'm having trouble getting through to our administrator. He must be tied up on other projects. Maybe there is a way we can do our own thing in the context of a topic. Any ideas Diane or others?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #3 - 11/29/04 at 07:58:01

Maybe for the time being we could just start right here like Paladin did with the links to his saddlebags.  If everyone would hunt down info they have already posted and put up a link here it would at least get us started.

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #4 - 11/29/04 at 13:58:35

My wife's Savage:
Lightbar - Accessories International - $200 - CW3009
Custom sissy bar - local machine shop - $200 or so - can't recall exactly - just knew it was too much but she wanted it so....
Highway Hawk Deluxe Highway bar - Bikercom.com - $ too much - wish I had know about the Rizco ones - Don't bother with the other highway bar HH has - not worth it either!  
SuperTrapp - Sealership - $200+ - don't recall exactly.
National Cycle Flyscreen - Ebay - $50
Superbrace - $140
Front turn signals on rear (internals only) - wired up for running lights. Free - taken off my bike.
Custom paint on side covers - local artist - $100 for both.
Saddlebags - local Suzuki dealership - $ don't recall.

My Savage:
Seeger chopper kit - $1450 back 2 years ago (2002)
JPCycles - Custom Chrome dual headlights
JPCycles - Custom Chrome H-D turn signals (wired for running lights in rear) -
GTS Toba Seat (don't bother buying one - unless you like taking something apart and putting it back together so it will fit the bike - don't know if the GTS Cobra seats have the same problem or not - I know others on Bert's site have them and never mentioned any complaint) - $325 from Seeger Cycle (they don't sell them anymore)
Rivco Highway pegs (HD-002) - $139 - CruiserCustomizing.com
Highway Hawk foot pegs (driver & passenger) - $35 a pair - Bikercom.com
J.C. Whitney hand grips - ZX010534X       $22.99
J. C. Whitney cruiser style short stem teardrop mirrors - ZX013983T       $24.99
Jardine muffler - local Suzuki dealer - $ don't recall - less than the Supertrapp (and I like the sound better!)
H-D sissy bar pad on OEM sissy bar - $ 54 at H-D Dealer
H-D 4 inch risers - $ don't recall but around 125 I think (since found around the same pair for 50 less in J.C. Whitney)
Custom paint by Attitude Custom Paint (see www.customflamepainting.com) $825 (my ex-company's insurance paid for it - after an employee ran over my bike in the parking lot)
Custom paint on side covers - new local artist $80 for both

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 11/30/04 at 00:45:57

the best accessory for a savage can be located at many locations thoughout the world.

it's called FUEL............  Cheesy

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #6 - 11/30/04 at 01:05:22

The only things I've done that are transferable to the Savage are the 17" wheels and the FCR41 carb, don't think anyone would want the wheels though.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
rke
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

Netherland
Reply #7 - 12/04/04 at 14:59:18

I don't know how thiis accessorie is called.  

The use of such a thing is better steering and it helps very good. It holds the two front legs together to give you a better control over the direction of the front wheel.

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #8 - 12/05/04 at 01:21:58

That accessory is a fork brace, I had one on my 125 & 350 LC's but can't fit one on my KLX as it has upsidedown forks.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 12/05/04 at 03:18:36

That's the first fork brace I've ever seen on a Savage ... where'd ya get it rke? Are they available for purchase anywhere?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #10 - 12/05/04 at 06:05:35

I hadn't seen a fork brace on a Savage before, either.  Very interesting.

I know the benefit these are supposed to provide on a bike too.  Had them on my dirt bikes.  I just wonder if it is really needed on the Savage....the Savage has a double steel layered front fender that is pretty stout.  I suppose that the forks could twist in the upper triple tree since it doesn't actually clamp the fork tube....

Anyway, that is a new one....glad to see it.

IP Logged
rke
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

Netherland
Reply #11 - 12/05/04 at 06:06:30

Ah,

So that's called a fork brace. It's a custommade brace wich I ordered several years ago. I've used it for almost 14 years now and I don't want my Savage without it. I ordered it by a factory for shocks and I had to measure it before I could buy it.

It is made from a standard Harley brace wich is modified to fit on the Savage. The diameter of the legs is modified and the distance between the legs is adjustable with two bolds.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 12/05/04 at 06:12:40

rke wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Ah,

So that's called a fork brace. It's a custommade brace wich I ordered several years ago. I've used it for almost 14 years now and I don't want my Savage without it. I ordered it by a factory for shocks and I had to measure it before I could buy it.

It is made from a standard Harley brace wich is modified to fit on the Savage. The diameter of the legs is modified and the distance between the legs is adjustable with two bolds.

Used it for 14 years?  Cool.  And adjustable too.  I like the black.  It would match my forks.

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #13 - 12/05/04 at 07:29:02

A company makes them for the stock Savage - I have one on my wife's bike.  Superbrace.  I didn't notice any real difference in handling so don't know if it would be worth it to any of you.  I got a brain fart and ordered it for  my chopper - except the chopper kit has the forks wider so it wouldn't fit.  I knew they were wider, but in the excitement of finding something I wanted (for the chopper), I ordered it.  Before it got here I realized my stupidity and so it ended up on my wife's bike.  Great quality but I don't know that it's needed on a stock Savage.

WWW   IP Logged
rke
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

Netherland
Reply #14 - 12/06/04 at 02:48:17

The Savage was my first chopper.

I've had several bikes before we bought our Savage. The last bike I used to ride was a Triumph Trophy (900cc) that was owned by my brother. Because of a argument with that brother I needed a bike for myself. And so my wife and I decided to buy a Savage.

At the moment we bought the bike I found the steering not like the steering of the Triumph. On an earlier bike I've had a fork brace. This was on a Honda CB750 and on that bike it had worked perfectly. So I ordered this fork brace for my Savage.

It eliminates the rubber-like feeling the Savage has in its steering. But, if you do like this feeling, then you don't need a fork brace. There are even people that use extra risers with extra rubber to make this "rubber feeling" even greater.  But, that's not my cup of tea.    

I wonder if the brace posted by Thehoghunter will fit on older Savages, because the picture of the website shows a straight forward brace, while mine has a bridgelike shape. Maybe thehoghunter can post a picture of his fork brace.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 14:49:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Our Accessories

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.